Cutters with their hands.

It has long wanted to own a weapon of self-defense type serreytorny knife KARAMBIT. Prelesnoe defense weapon: lightweight, small, well-cut cloth, meat, tendons, not stuck in the hair, well, looks demoralizing. Not intended for thrusting "fatal" strikes - extremely shallow painful cuts.
"DIY" in 27 photos. Try not to break.

1. Knife Smith & Wesson H.R.T. is good, but only in the original, which is expensive. I bought a copy of the Chinese site for 200 rubles.

2. However, in my soul sunk blade shape Spiderco Civilian (worth even more expensive, bleat).

3. We combine the blade and the handle in fotozhopa.

4. Preparation for the knife - straightened heat-treated outer race of the bearing. Sticking sketch and start sculpting.

5. Though tempered steel, but still drill, as well as two other scribe.

6. Bulgarian cut off all unnecessary.

7. A knife is a little longer than HRT And the hole for the thumb a little more - to a gloved finger intermeddle freely.

8. Files "was a lot." Especially zakolebsya whet where overheated metal grinder to red.

9. Handle the maximum machined to facilitate construction.

10. ...

11. Naftelem sharpen teeth.

12. Teeth turned povyrazitelnee than the original.

13. clench thrust pad of the thumb.

14. Getting to the quenching. The technology is quite simple: warm up the blade to a uniform red color directing the flame on the thickened portion of the knife, not to overtempered thin section, sharply drop the knife in used motor oil for 2 seconds, then into the water. Kalil only the blade to the middle of the finger holes. Tempered twice - first nedokalil.

15. Check the hardening file. Files without load must only slightly tsarapt metal. I must say - yes, slightly overtempered specifically. The blade short and wide, not slomaetsya, and the harder it will grow blunt.

16. Abrasive mop remove black kaku and conduct primary polishing.

17. Number of years later, unspecified shovels handy tablet. Make a handle.

18. Fasten screws temporary cheeks.

19. grind napilikom very prominent part of the handle, process nazhdachkoy entire knife. Orange as it is not brutal, and processing defects shine.

20. Admire.

21. More.

22. Paint cheeks permanent black marker on the inside. Putting it on the grub screw again and skins.

23. This is what eventually happened.

24. Again admire.

25. Just a little bit.

26. ...

27. It remains to sew the sheath for continuous wear.
All. Worst-first, kicking the can, but I do not care.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting