Wingsuit. Adrenaline for Batman

1. WHERE GROW WINGS

Principle of operation wingsuit (in translation from English. "Wing-suit» - MH) man spied in flying squirrels. Rodents plan from tree to tree using a membrane that is stretched along their body when they rastopyrivat paws. The first wingsuit was invented in the 30s of last century. However, it took another 60 years to bring it to mind design. Firstly, in the suit had to integrate the parachute (required for landing) so that it does not interfere with planning. Secondly, it was impossible to make long-membrane wings that would allow predictable control wingsuit.

2. French rib

Modern wingsuit appeared only in the late 90s. This costume two membranes stretched when the parachutist bred to side arms, and the third - when the legs. All three wings consist of two layers of material, the top and bottom, inflated, and when they got the incoming air through the front of the suit inlets. In addition, the membranes were sewn stiffeners, which helped maintain the shape of the wings and aerodynamic characteristics change when the person starts moving limbs. This costume was invented Frenchman keen skydiver and inventor Patrick de Gayardon. Since then, all wingsuits sew on these principles, although the design is being constantly improved.

3. under the wing

Membrane actually becomes full costume wing. It started to work, you need a ram air. In aircraft engine creates a stream, pushing forward fuselage. When a skydiver wingsuit jumping out of an airplane, he immediately begins to plan in the horizontal plane, as it already has a high initial velocity. This is the easiest type of flight in the "wing suit", and it usually starts with training. However, in normal parachute school before it will be necessary to prove that you committed l at least 200 jumps with a parachute-wing usual. This experience is needed in order to easily jump out of the plane and to take the right position for the regular opening of the dome at a landing.

4. a cliff

Required for horizontal flight speed (60-90 km / h) can be dialed in a few seconds and the vertical fall under gravity. For this we need to climb the highest mountain, or, for example, the building and jump down. The higher starting point, the length of dispersal of the fall, the faster and further you will fly along the horizon. And, you can plan, clinging to the side of the mountain - it's called "proximity", and then need perfect technique management wingsuit. This is the most risky jumps, but the most interesting, entertaining. By and large, they all want to jump only in the mountains.

5. The flight down

In wingsuit can not climb too small wing area. But for the thrill of flying enough and that good parachutist in a nice suit on average flies 2-2, 5 m horizontally for every meter of height lost. Overcome in such a mode of 10-20 km, jumping from an airplane - is achievable. Flying in wingsuit - weather-sport, but the wind can interfere only when starting from a fixed starting point. For example, it just does not allow to fly off from the cliff. In flight, the problems due to turbulence occurs. At the speed of planning in wingsuit you just sews any air currents.

6. FEAR

Jumping wingsuit, unlike conventional skydiving, impossible to get used to. Always scary. Just the fear can be different. Gradually begins to realize that he has a lot of shades, you learn to control it. In fact, you have to do is very simple, in terms of motility, motion, but in a state of severe stress. Trains is only constant jumps. Always better to jump a little, but regularly than many, but heavily. To wean psyche.

7. RISK

He is always present. But there are conditions established, and there beyond the usual boundaries. In the second case you analyze the situation and figure out what's what. If it is an ordinary training jumps (for the third day, at this point I had already jumped 50 times) and I do not like something, then I'll go down on foot. But if I'm going expedition to this point 1, 5 months and another chance to jump will not, then I'm willing to risk much. When the summer of 2011, I was jumping with Mont Blanc, there was a gusty wind. But, to think where I will land, if something goes wrong, I decided to act. Flight and really did not go according to plan, to the foot of the mountain, I could not reach, but landed safely on the spare area on the glacier Brenva. And, for example, a year ago on the top of a mountain in the Himalayas, Shivling (6420 m) had protorchat few days, waiting for suitable weather. Result: Passed over 4 km horizontally at a speed of about 200 km / h, elevation - about 2,200 meters.

8. wingsuit AND SPORTS

Flying in wingsuit already recognized by the International Federation of Aeronautics sport. However, while you can only compete in the group construct shapes in the air - roughly one else locked in flight participants. In addition, many amateur conducted informal competitions in wingsuit flying in the mountains. Basically, it jumps from GPS-sensor which picks up the speed data, range and quality of the flight. For example, I accelerated to 200 km / h and the speed record - 363 km / h. But the people, by and large, do not jump for sporting achievements, but for the thrill of flying. A man may imagine that such climbing, never having been in the mountains. With a backpack going up the hill - it lacks imagination. And what I feel when I move freely in three-dimensional space, I can not tell you. But it is worth risking.

9. Who is the best

I'm the best in the world by base-climbing (a combination of rock climbing and jumping wingsuit). Better because it won a wingsuit more truly challenging peaks, than anyone in the world. For those who understand: Elbrus, Ushba, Matterhorn Ulvetanna Peak, Tungespissen, Holtanna, Cerro Torre ... Now jump in plans with Everest. It is unlikely that someone will catch up soon.

MORTALITY

1. Flying in wingsuit when starting from a plane on statistics is not more risky than regular skydiving. It is believed that in this case per 100 000 jumps falls 1 fatal.

2. Jumping wingsuit with stationary objects like mountains or buildings - much riskier. They belong to the so-called BASE-jumping (Building-Antenna-Span-Earth, «Building Antenna-bridge-to-earth"). This kind of extreme activity is considered the most dangerous in the world - 1 in 2,000 jumps leads to the death of a skydiver.

GOOD TO SUIT flew

1. zipper for quick release leg on landing
2. Ducts Rear wing
3. Cutters
4. Ducts side wings
5. The front edge of the wing semi-rigid
6. Parachute satchel
7. Handle chute opening
8. Altimeter
9. Hinges for emergency Releasing lateral wings

Your text to link ...

and here is another video