Backgammon own hands

Hello. I present to your attention production of backgammon.

In his spare time he decided to make backgammon. To this end it was made a detailed drawing of all the elements and materials in the program Sketch Up.
38 pictures

Further, all the components were bought by the future creation:
-fanera birch
-reyki
a loop
Others have found homes.
Thus, we begin to grind plywood since has bumps and burrs.

Damn, bad pictures are added ...
Backgammon has decided to make drawings of dragons. Mark up and causes through kapirku drawing "inner" side.

4. Next, the host of the burning pattern. The point is rather dreary and difficult (given that I'm doing it for the second time in my life) So burn out ...

7. Do the same thing with the second half of the board. We get two identical halves.

8. Do the same thing with the "outer" side

11. We begin the next stage - painting "stain" in 2 layers. Stain was bought alcohol because to "water-based" strongly mahr plywood.

14. Similarly to the "inner" side of the board

16. We continue to design "outer" side. To complete the image of corners and add a frame

19. Paint stained in 2 layers

20. varnished in 2 layers

21. Now the most difficult in my opinion. Since my apartment is devoid of milling and turning machines, all had to cut manually. First, prepare the rack. Cut the required length (all according to the drawing)

22. Mark up the slots for future chips

23. Drill

24. Next, carefully, very sharp knife slots choose

25. Such strips produce 4 pieces. The process of finishing and polishing are not imprinted, as 2 and both hands were occupied.
Getting to mark the playing field.

27. burn out

28. Begin to stick all the elements previously having adjusted all over the length and width.

31. Inner side varnished in three coats (for the strength of the coating)

32. Now you need to set the loop to backgammon evolved. Again, very neat and very sharp knife to pick the groove loop.

33. Try on - fits. We notice the hole to collect screws.

34. From the beech bar found at the request of Turner were machined chips.

35. Yeah, that's a cherished morilochka ...

36. ... 15 out of 30 chips are transformed and "white" to "blackĀ»

37. The assembled outer side

38. The collected inside. Ready for the championship. First move 5/4.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for your attention! with the number of pictures was wrong, I promise to fix it!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting