- 5 medium apples (peel and chop finely)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Brandy - 2 tablespoons
- Raisins - ½ cup
- Brown Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves - ¼ teaspoon
- Liquid caramel - 1 tablespoon
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Little of ginger cookies - ½ cup
- Puff pastry (original filo-dough (16 sheets)) - 2 sheets
- Butter - 4 tablespoons
In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients: apples, lemon juice, brandy, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, caramel and butter.
Roll out the dough, brush with butter and sprinkle with ½ count of crumbs. In the middle lay half filling, close or twist the pie.
Repeat with the second sheet of dough, biscuits and filling.
Put the strudel on a baking sheet, the laid paper. Grease the cake with melted butter and make diagonal cuts 5-6.
Bake in a preheated 175 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream strudel.