It is not the first year I have been in the status of a mistress, and everything would be fine, but my man began to build himself out of ignorance.

Usually find out marriedThe ring on his ring finger helps. There are no secrets. But people do and people that from time to time try to move away from conventional dogmas and behave not as expected of them. For example, married people remove the ring from their fingers “so as not to hurt their hand at work” and this is true! Especially in the workplace or if a person likes sports, outdoor activities.

Unmarried people, on the other hand, can put a ring on their fingers for one reason or another. Widowers, for example, pay homage to former spouses. Or those who are divorced, who do not want to put up with “unjust loss.” In general, the ring rule on the ring finger does not always work correctly. And in this regard, there can be funny and not very misunderstandings. Although it seems like such a small thing...

In general, friends, I recently had a situation. And it's still going on, and I still don't know what to do with it. I will try to make it as brief and accessible as possible. Think about it, maybe someone will tell you something good.

I am what people call a businesswoman. Or businesswoman, I personally like it better. I’m not a billionaire, but I have a lot of perspectives, too. On the other hand, I gave too much to my career, so I had to sacrifice my time, my nerves, my husband and my family. Anyway, I'm lonely.

But there's one man. For most people, we are nothing more than business partners. I'm not close, but I know Eugene's wife and even his son. We often have to work together, so it's common to see us in the same office during the day. The problem is that only a small circle knows that there is more to the two of us than friendship. We're lovers, we just happen to be. Don't judge me, I'm an unmarried woman, there's not much demand for me.

So, in all the years that Zhenya and I were together, I never once talked about making our relationship even a little open and closer. I've always been comfortable with our roles. Because I know he's not going to divorce, and why? Again, he loves a child, and gives his wife half of what he earned because of a long-term, but still an affair? I don't see any point in that at all.

We didn’t ask for anything from each other. Perhaps Zhenya has helped me out in some sensitive situations. I mean, about work. But we started by saying that I was just his assistant. So this is not surprising. Besides, I know that apart from me, he can sometimes go out with another youngster. And I don’t really consider myself a single person. Ordinary adult life, if you remove all that pink tinsel. Well, you know.

But here's the problem. About a week ago, Evgeny began to play dumb. Somehow I figured it would be cool if he walked around with his wedding ring on his finger. In the afternoon, when we are working or just in the office, please. I have no complaints. But the rest of the time, and especially in front of our friends, don’t even dare. Many people in our social circle do not even know that Zhenya is married. They think we're a couple, and they don't have to know the rest.

Over the past week, several people have come up to me with bulging eyes and obvious questions. “What is it on her finger, and where is yours?” Why didn’t they say we would congratulate? All that stuff. I’m not a kid anymore, so lying or making excuses is not my habit. But then we had to hastily come up with a story about what kind of game we have, dreaming of a wedding and so on. The feeling, I have to admit, is just disgusting. Like a guilty schoolgirl.

I wanted to ask Jenny what got into him. Is he a clown or is he having a midlife crisis? So he kept quiet first, then tried to joke. And now she says I knew what games I was playing with a married man. So I should have known this could happen. Typical stupid male response. Do I mind him being married? Or jealous of his wife? No, but our legend breaks down among friends, which is not a good thing. Rumors are creeping, word of mouth always works perfectly, so that those who know about our “friendship” can find out about it at all.

Don't you think I'm sober? Yesterday I tried to talk to our mutual friend Alexei. Nothing specific, just asked if Zhenya told her men's company about any news? No, it's pointless. They're the men behind each other. He started hanging all sorts of noodles on my ears, joking, but he never really said anything. It's like it used to be different, yeah.

So here I am, asking for your advice. What do you think happened to my friend’s change? Does the ring have to mean something? We communicate normally, except for this topic, he does not hide anything from me and we have no scandals. Please don't advise us to go to a psychologist. We are adults and we don’t believe in therapy. Even I don't believe him, and he won't live. I just can't tell anyone close to you about my problem.

Tags

See also

New and interesting