Grandpa candidly tells what challenges he has to face in raising grandchildren

As we all know, grandparent He never forgets. And if there is time and opportunity, he will always help with the kids. My grandfather has a great life experience behind his back: a lot of interesting, important, significant things. My grandfather knows best how the world works. If he can raise a son or daughter, he can cope with his grandchildren without problems. You just have to try not to hold him back too much. He doesn't like that.

Evil tongues say that the grandfather and grandchildren will behave rudely and can teach them all sorts of nonsense. But that's not really true. Even if the grandson after communicating with his grandfather teaches the whole yard to make a slingshot, there is nothing wrong with this. Just part of growing up in the old school. We need to know that these days. Not just sitting around with your phone all day.

At 59 years old, I still don’t consider myself “the cunning grandfather” who should yell at his grandmother, tell his grandchildren all sorts of nonsense and be constantly under the degree. Well, you know, the classic joke grandfather. And yet, I already have a grandson. I thought that all these stories about the relationship of a grandson with a grandfather are nothing more than cute fictions, because in fact they are not people who are in the pages of tabloid novels. But it turns out life can still surprise. At least me.

Anyway, Mishka comes up to me and says that he lost a tooth. And my mom and dad are scared to tell him, because he didn’t want the tooth to fall out, and he took and fell out, you bastard. As a senior in the family, I have to understand this. I have not raised my voice to my grandson in my life, so there is some trust between us and I am very happy about it.

Naturally, I reassured Misha and told him that tooth loss is a natural process, in which there is nothing wrong or shameful. In this way, the teeth change from milk to permanent, and now Michael will soon be able to boast of new teeth. At least at his age, it works that way. The grandson was very happy with this information, and I thought it would be nice to tell him about the ancient tale that the tooth under the pillow will turn into money the next morning. I didn't think a little guy would take it seriously.

About the moment with the tooth I told my daughter the evening of the same day. We laughed and safely forgot about it. The daughter left some small thing under the pillow. But it didn't end there. After 3 days in the same place, changing the bed, the daughter saw another tooth! Well, no. In fact, it was a small stone, remotely resembling a baby tooth. But it was difficult for me with my eyesight to say that it was fake. Well, maybe I should have supported the young businessman, and at that time I had already left him a small monetary incentive under his pillow.

Imagine my face when my daughter came to me for the third time in a week with the same “treasure” from under Mishkina’s pillow. Again, a pebble, this time nothing like a tooth. But the appetite of the young businessman had to be reduced somehow. So I personally decided to talk to him about it. Which I told him from the very beginning. Why would he have so much money? Maybe what happened? I had to settle the issue before he started to change the real teeth of the children from the kindergarten.

We went with him to a small cafe next door. Milkshake and cake "potatoes" have never failed. My grandson was happy and answered all my questions. Why stones? He was trying to pull out one or two more teeth. But he did not succeed, so with the stones, he thought, it would be more practical. Why, I support it. Better than a rock, really. But why would he want so much money, he can always ask me to buy him something?

Turns out there was a reason for that, too. One day, Misha heard mom and dad squashing in another room. Smart guy. So he learned that soon they will have a new child in the family, and Mishin’s sister. So the only problem my grandson has seen so far is the housing problem. He didn’t want to share a place with his sister, so he had to move. Looks like it's mine. And that I, an old pensioner, did not go crazy with such joy, Misha was ready to share with me the money earned. That's the case. What do I think it's kind of noble at his age, isn't it?

In general, all in the same cafe, I, without hiding a smile, told my grandson that he was worried in vain. His new sister will not be a burden for Misha, moreover, he cannot leave her. After all, she will be very small and she will need an older brother who will tell her something new, protect and, in general, be a role model. And how else, I will not be able to tell her all the “life wisdom” that Mishka heard from me. With which the grandson, having thought carefully, finally agreed. Well, what am I? I was just happy with our understanding.

Oh, kids... No, I get it, commercializing baby teeth, even pebbles, is one thing. Drawing far-reaching conclusions about the birth of a sister is also clear, although this approach still surprises me. How did I find out about my daughter’s pregnancy from my grandson? For me, this is not at all in the gate. They say our young people are stupid. Where is she stupid, you tell me, even if you put an old man like me in the belt?

Tags

See also

New and interesting