A man's reflections on whether modern man has forgotten what it means to truly work

There is a big difference between when laborer Hands and just doing hours at work. Curiously, everyone knew this before, but now they don’t. When a man working at a factory was given a ticket to a sanatorium to improve his health, it was the norm. Nowadays, even photographers complain about the “unfriendly atmosphere”, “spiritual misunderstandings with the client”, “gray around” and whine about the fact that “it’s been a long time since we flew to Bali”.

Peels Someone will say it's OK. They say that the quality of life has increased, standards have increased. But in this case, we would like to talk about the attitude of modern man to work and rest. After all, ordinary workers have not really gone anywhere. They still do their work with a clear conscience and callous hands. But they go on vacation all in the same sanatorium with antediluvian repairs. Why not?

I understand people who say their job has changed them. You know, I'm like that. I've been to a lot of places. Most often he worked in production, and for a couple of years he even went on a fishing boat. And it was an experience. All extreme, sweat and tears and no sea romance. Believe me, few people want to spend the rest of their lives, wherever they are, smell raw rotten fish even when you sleep. At least that's what I have. Even as I write my story to you.

In general, this turned out to be my youth, up to forty years. At this age, people begin to think with their heads. And, more often than not, calms down. That's what I decided to do. He returned home and repaired his parents’ apartment. It's kind of settled. What else would a man my age do? Naturally, looking for a woman. To share with her in a place of life, life, love. Have kids, if possible. I wanted to be a normal family man.

What surprised me the most was, let's face it, the availability of some young women. She is 10 or 15 years younger than me, but as soon as she finds out that I have come from afar and have no children, she immediately becomes interested in me. Has that been the case before? No, things have happened in my life, but I used to think that the stars in the sky should come together so that I, an ordinary hard worker, would like a young girl. I couldn't fight back, honestly.

The search for the second half of the Minus began to manifest itself later. Of course, I, as an "elderly" gentleman, had to drive to restaurants, make gifts, laugh and in general, in every possible way peel before the ladies of the heart. But somewhere inside, I was hoping this couldn't go on forever. Candy and bouquet period is not forever. Ha ha, naive. Exactly, forever. Otherwise, no one was interested in my company. What do we do? Get yourself together and start talking to women your age. The obvious answer, but... And it wasn't that simple.

I don’t know since when, but the women of 40+ years did not run far from the young Pigalis. But at their age, it looks ridiculous, I admit. After all, before it was like, everyone in the country worked. Men at work are heavier, women are a little lighter. And yet, all brought some benefit, not shy of work. It was the same at home. While the man was picking something in the garage or on the balcony, knocking down some boards with nails and fixing things around the house, the woman knew that something needed to be cooked or removed. And no lady wants to live in a pigsty, that's a fact.

Is the man working or not? It used to be normal for people to work hard. And these days, everything seems to be turned upside down. I'm telling you. Here's one I met online. There is a small child, rents an apartment, 42 years old. He works part-time in a beauty salon because he can’t sit with his son. He also goes to yoga and meditation. So for this reason, they do not have time to cook or even clean their apartment sometimes. Woman, understand? Forty years. When I first visited her house, I wanted to roll up my sleeves and wipe the dirt. Because the dust on the walls could not be called.

Another, says to me, “Nikita, I understand everything, but in modern realities I, and not only I, do not intend to be a housekeeper.” Let's just hire some woman and let her clean up and maybe cook. We will hire each other and will not spoil each other’s nerves. She reminds me of my first teacher from school. And the bundle is the same on the head, and the glasses. And what does it take to save time, really? On a TV show or something? While a stranger is cleaning her house?

So I'm still single and even living alone. There is nothing to talk about with some women. Platitudes, superficial nonsense and nothing more. It seems that at some point there was a collapse and they all stupefyed. At least I have that impression. Or I'm so lucky, I don't know.

Here's what I thought. Maybe I should just take a different path. I worked hard all my life, but at least I made some money. And there are women who also spend years working in other countries. They don’t have a good time there either, I’m sure. And maybe that's how we're going to get together? Let it not even be able to connect two words, or in itself will be terrible, even with cosmetics, even if. But in everyday life, we can arrange each other. And this, I tell you, is one of the most important aspects of cohabitation. Marriage, too, for sure.

I wasn't always like that. I used to chase skirts and anyone could talk. I loved talking like that, nothing. But as I grew older and as a working person, my outlook on life and people changed. Now they're interested in something else. I like it when a person works and doesn’t do nonsense. Who knows if it’s called old age or not? I don't even have a half-ticket, where does time run? And if it goes on like this, will I be nagging on public transport at 55? Eh, life. You never know what will happen to you tomorrow.

Tags

See also

New and interesting