Grandpa Victory

Alexander Korsak lives in a quiet green area near the metro station "Vostok". He wakes up early, and on a sunny day likes to sit by the window. When the sun hides behind the roofs of neighboring houses, grandfather moved to the kitchen, preparing breakfast. In the kitchen drop birch planted their Tairov 40 years ago. After breakfast, he goes out and slowly walks to the subway, limping slightly. "Eccentric old man, which he can not sit still?" - Thinking, passing by the city. The city does not know that the old man - grandfather victory. Alexander Korsak, swimmer, marathon runner, champion and war veteran who survived the hell of war, to save the people there will soon be 92 years old.
- Why talk about it? - Said Alexander Yakovlevich and shows a pile of publications with articles about myself. - It is dirty. There's just chaos, only death.
In the black trunk, which opens a veteran is rare, as it is now for us, dozens of medals and diplomas. That the Order of the Red Star. Order of the Great Patriotic War II degree. Medals "For defense of Stalingrad", "For Service in Battle". Sports awards do not count.
- And this knife - with a secret. Therefore, I keep. Try to uncover!
Alexander Korsak begins the story.

- I was born in Minsk in 1922, and a date and month - not exactly say. Whether in November, or December. After the revolution the documents wisely. About childhood I remember this. Houses made stove, and I strongly carbon monoxide poisoning. Parents thought - die. We decided to be baptized early, because you can not bury unbaptized. But I survived.
My father worked on the railroad, the mother - in the hotel "Europe". They lived not rich or poor - is normal.
In 1936, in Minsk, in the House of the Red Army opened the country's first pool. The city then had nowhere to swim. Svislach crossed on foot, and the Komsomolsk lake did not exist.
The pool big men rested. He is seen often Voroshilov. He swam alone. Us, when he came, pack off.

In 1939, Alexander Korsak was the champion of the USSR in the medley relay. Before the war, the boys swam more with a grenade. You take a dummy in his right hand and left work. The main thing - not to wet the grenade. In this discipline Korsak was not equal. Although life he prefers the marathon.

- Before the war I cut appendicitis - continues grandfather. - I Had to go to the competition in the Baltic states. But instead I went to summer camp "Talca", where I was appointed fizruk. Talca - it is 90 kilometers away from Minsk. Next stop for Pukhovichi. I arrived there on 21 June. And the next day began.
How then thought - come to the old fascist border, and then back it out sideways. And 22 and 23 June people were brought to the camp children. Then it became clear that a quick victory will not. What our troops fleeing. Each squad had counselors, well, I - the total fizruk. Received a team: the children need to be rescued.
From Minsk sent the composition to evacuate, but he did not get to the camp. Trains with the technique that went to the east, the station did not stop Talca. It was the last part of open platforms, just to unload the tanks. Stop it driver could not - without a second locomotive, he would place no longer moved. Employees camp, among them Alexander Korsak, have put children along the roads and on track tucked on the platform. Then he jumped themselves. The train brought them in Kuznetsk.

With children rescued Alexander Yakovlevich met years later, at the Victory Square in Minsk. Adult men and women have much to see, do not hold back the tears.
- So, with echelon, I was in the Penza region - a military veteran marathon in 41st just beginning. - I was wearing a ski jacket, canvas slippers on his feet. If you currently only student ID card. On the train I went further and further inland. He had to go somewhere. The army without documents did not want to take.
In Kuibyshev was a nuisance. My slippers were torn. And I began to walk barefoot as punks. I got to some boss asked for help. They gave me 30 rubles for shoes. For 29 bought canvas shoes. Washed his feet in the Volga River. And for 56 cents I took a mug of beer. It was still quiet days.
Among the first evacuees I came to Tashkent. On the front it's not taken. Finally given a temporary document. Sent to work a physical education teacher. But I was eager to fight - closer to the native Minsk. And I was finally called.
It was marching "spontaneous" Regiment. The regiment formed, PLUNK room - and immediately to the front. They made me a soldier with anti-tank gun. Immediately you say - a little snaryadik costs 120 rubles. Teach: The first thing you have to do a fighter in combat - to dig a trench for the MFI. A fire so never and not given. They say the war to learn to shoot.
In 1942, I got to the front. We drove under Mozhaisk, then to Voronezh. And then deployed, regrouped and moved on Stalingrad. In Stalingrad was a disaster.

- We walked to Stalingrad ... the night went, hiding by day. For us it was the most terrible - movement. Horses are dead fast. We had to go on and on, drag on a weapon.
At the front were fed twice a day. Just before dawn and after dark. They chew on track pea concentrate. Bread was a lot. People died quickly. The bread which we did not have time to eat the dead, got us.
I remember an episode. In the village the soldiers dragged the woman a piece of bacon. She ran to the commanders. As soon as the general construction, "he?" - "It is!" They opened the duffel bag and found the fat. And then under martial law passed sentence. Trench-digging the grave of the soldier alone. The woman screamed when she realized what would follow. "Who will execute the verdict of traitors?" - I asked the commander. A forest of hands! Man all considered a traitor.
Alexander Korsak sits quietly in a chair, lost in thought. On the wall hangs a portrait of him - in a jacket without a medal iconostasis. Boast medals grandfather does not like.
His unpretentious apartment. Spartan interior of: wardrobe, a bed, a bedside table. The computer in the room, but they do not use Alexander Ya. Very bad eyesight. But the memory of his grandfather excellent ...

- At first we were north of Stalingrad, near the Tractor Factory. On the first day we pitched. Then he broke again and again. And further. Every day replenishment, replenishment.
My regimental company MFI - 120 people. During 4 months on the front lines of this company left four people dead. And I am among them.
I had two good friends - and Rastorguev Murzagoliev. The first convict, he was given 10 years in prison. When the war began, we were offered to the front. The second - an orphan, seven brothers and sisters. He once said to me: "Be sure to perish." And soon died.
On the beam got out a German tank, which we have not seen before. Barely it seemed. Rastorguev and Murzagoliev were in the same calculation of the MFI began to shoot. They mowed and immediately bursts. Later we found out - it was the first test of "Tiger».

- In my regiment recruits soon left alone. Mostly boys 18-19 years. In front of them, like us, we were thrown without preparation. They lived briefly.
There were not enough nurses. There was no one to rescue the wounded, no one knew how to apply a tourniquet. I was asked to become a nurse. At least I was able to do something.
The fight, shooting, shots, ground flying. Everywhere - "Sasha, help me!". Around these cries.
I will never forget. Someone shouts: "Help!" Creeps. I lie, and it is. Snipers shoot. He began to dress, then - bang! Never before I have not heard. Sound, which splits the skull. Right in the head that the boy fell.
70 years have passed, changing generation, the country collapsed and the war for Alexander Korsak remain in that sound. Researchers figured: an average of the soldiers on the front lines of Stalingrad lived 1400 minutes. Someone not getting as much and.
- Fear of death ... What is fear? You chase it is unknown where and why - says slowly grandfather. - If you go back - would be killed. There detachments. Ahead also killed. It's not even the fear that expectation. When it? That bullet?
The feeling of hatred? Location? He is a man. Or is he going to kill me, a German, what lies beyond the ravine. Or I did. In total, it is a business. Neither we love or hate with the Nazis was not. You, by the way, opened the knife? ..
- No, Grandpa. We try.
- I'm probably one and killed in the war - continues, a little thought, a veteran. - Yes, and I had not seen through the sight of the Germans. Seeing me to hell.

- Then I was injured ... Four months later, both came under Stalingrad. The regiment was transferred to tighten the ring around the city. There was an order - to take some village. I do not remember her name. And we have raised. I went on the attack with their MFI, went straight to the guns. That's how all of us, and squinted. I saved his overcoat.
Overcoat was wet, zadubela. He became stiff as armor. The bullets hit it and exploded, and shards went into the arms and legs. Then doctors counted more than 40 fragments. These and still come out. Firmly entrenched in the meat.

Under this village, I lay all night and all day. Who will be the day I have to take? It is the work nurses. But even they are people. They do not want to climb under fire. In war instincts work. The main thing is to survive.
For a long time I was lying. In full consciousness, I had no doubt that I'm dead. Once your throw that up to me, a stranger? Find - shoot. Do not ponder.
The next night I was taken out of our. Dali 100 grams, they pulled. In sanrote was bandaged. In the hospital, I spent four months. With an open wound even wanted to go back to the front. But still the reserve.

- I returned to Minsk on the first train, which liberated the town had just started up. Released in the final, I know where to hit! That station, that the Government House. And the ruins. By train I went to your old address.
The war ended ... He studied at the institute, worked as an instructor at the "Dinamo", he taught. Revives slowly sports. My foot is almost not moving. But of course, I swam my marathons. And he lived to be 90 years. Many do not have time ...
It is, of course, modest. Alexander Korsak - Honored coach, international referee. He was at the forefront of Belarusian swimming. Already a veteran of many times took awards at world and European championships. Trained dozens of athletes. When the case of independent, traveled to tournaments at their own expense.
- I never helped anyone, and I did not ask. Once a year, put a free trip by rail. For a long time, I went to the Crimea, to Sudak. Sailed 25-kilometer marathon open sea. After seventy I have not sailed the distance. But exactly half.

In 80 years, my grandfather decided to visit the World Swimming Championships among veterans, which took place in Munich. The money he did not have. Retired veteran of the Belarusian currency can not buy a lot. I went with rowers on the machine. He begged to be taken. I carried in a bag sausage, eggs, bread. And in Germany afford to buy ice cream. Once.
- I wanted to see the world! Look at the people with whom we are at war - thoughtfully said Korsak.
In Germany, he took the "bronze". Just swam the wrong way on the rowing channel - eyesight fail. And so, perhaps, the Germans would have won again.
Back grandfather rode the train. Someone noticed that he had a medal, and offered to sell. Pity on the old man - they say, money is more important Weißrussland. Alexander Y. disagreed. He was hurt ...

The feet and hands had broken, and a heart pacemaker. But floats veteran every day. Every morning, after breakfast, walks, limping to the metro. "Here today - says - not in the mood. 1000 meters swam and rode back ».
Like him, 90-year marathon in the country is not exactly there.
May 9 will come to the grandfather son and grandson. Sit down at the table. Razopyut bottle of American whiskey for three, and our hero says, "Something is not right. Get a minute off the shelf home - little white! "In his ninety-plus it will give odds and young.
- At official events I'm not a walker. There are more officers with epaulettes and ranks, but who is me? Little man. The soldier, - says the veteran.
Alexander Korsak does not like to talk about the war, because he retained a clear memory. He remembers that out of the trench in which the dying little military men, was seen was blood, just horror. Heroism in this see later.
- What has passed, has not changed. We go only forward, backward running is not. What I know now about the First World War? The fact that the writers wrote. It is fiction, romance. The same thing will happen with my war. All will be forgotten, everything will become ashes. This is normal. Bad if propaganda. Its not like I'm scared.

Ruthless chopper through which scrolled grandfather victory, led him to an understanding of the fundamental truths of life.
- I am against the government - in any of its manifestations. I do not need any fascists or communists. None. I believe that man lives only once. Why should he struggle politicians, presidents, general secretaries? He taught us that war? What is happening now in Ukraine, Russia? Live your life how much you have left. Enough for them to kill and die. By the way, since you opened the knife? ..
Where are we! Do not our level, grandfather, your secret.
Today parade in Brest photos grandfathers fought at Borodino, Minsk and Kursk, their grandchildren suffer. Because the old man had gone to the horizon, and the march someone has to. Portrait of a smiling Alexander Korsak hanging on the wall. Waiting in the wings.
- Native I said, when I die, burn. To the worms in the ground is not chewed. In God I did not believe. Even at that village at Stalingrad.
When the inevitable happens, we realize that something great and now this world is gone. We will remain a caricature: the ribbons on a bottle of vodka in the store, pop ballads perepevki war, 70-year-old veterans in the parade calculation.

He firmly shakes our hands goodbye. Grasp swimmer! Well, my grandfather Victory is in service.

--img20--

Source: people.onliner.by

Tags

See also

New and interesting