Why Women in Soviet Times Looked Worse Than Modern Women

The image of a happy and contented woman begins with her huge energy reserves. She always manages everything, never gets depressed, works and takes care of children. She is also happy with her husband and living conditions. Resource woman I don’t even know what a bad mood or hormonal problem is. It's just impossible to piss her off. Wake up early, go to bed at the same time, with a smile on his face.

But if you look closely, has anyone ever seen this type of woman in their life? Always happy, sporty, fit. Ready for anything and always calm inside? Who are they, the daughters of oligarchs, the wives of billionaires, or perhaps aliens from other planets? Because reality presents us with a very different picture. People, and women in particular, very often make mistakes, suffer from internal insecurity, get tired and experience crisis. It's okay because we're alive. Then where did we get this image of a mother of three with a perfect figure, hair and an eternal smile on her face?

It is a good thing to be unmarried. I’m serious: having lived with my ex-girlfriend for about three years, I once again catch myself thinking that everything ended very well. At first, of course, it was great. We enjoyed each other, hoped for the best, made plans. But then came the "black" strip, which the "white" never followed. I turned out to be a low-caliber man, a small-bodied man, and generally unpromising. And at the same time insecure because he didn't want to go to the registry office. How does all this fit together? And God knows, but today I want to talk not about my personal life, but about something else.

Women. I recently visited my mother’s house. There were three of us: my mother was a woman in her 60s, my sister was a married girl in her 30s and I. I will not indicate my age, I will only say that I am not at all small, and in general this is not relevant. At some point, our conversation turned to a woman’s fate and about who still lives well. To my sister's current generation or my mother's past generation. All at the same, of course, age - about 30 years.

As you understand, my closest women did not try to point out the positive aspects of their generation, but, on the contrary, to convey why they lived or lived worse in their time. Mom started. Her problems were clear to me from the beginning. The indisputable proof is the usual photographs of people of those years. Their looks, their clothes. Even their facial expressions. Well, life was hard then, not like it is now. And people worked hard, there were no lazy people. This is an almost forgotten, difficult time.

Want to go to the store? Walk and carry huge bags in two hands. My husband is at work and there is no way to call a taxi. Public transportation is clogged. And the store is so easy not to get, you need to stand a huge queue to everything in the world, especially if it concerns products for children. By the way, diapers, body and overalls were not. Everyone decided this issue in their own way. There was no baby food either. Most people didn’t even know about bananas. Someone was lucky to see them in pictures, such things.

Homework then laundry. Hands, basin. There were some washing machines. But not all, and to compare them with modern is not necessary. I also had to cook without all these new-fangled prodigy. Pot and pan. There is nothing to say about cleaning, no robots squeaked underfoot. I had to do everything by hand. Which, by the way, did not raise the quality of the work done. And as a result, the woman after the wedding became wide due to physical labor and loose due to the wrong diet. And in addition, due to the lack of normal cosmetics, the skin suffered not only on the hands, but even on the face.

My mom always likes to say, “Do you want to know how we lived?” Look at the wife of Khrushchev and Kennedy. That's where they're in the same picture. And compare. This is how we lived at that time”. And you know, I mean, I'm still impressed by that comparison. Although I have long known their pictures. However, my sister has her own point of view on the question of which generation of women is worse off. And she gives her arguments, close to her in spirit and time.

First of all, the sister believes that the process of cooking in the past should be perceived as a positive component of being a woman. Well, people were simpler, more relaxed. A pot of porridge or soup was prepared for the family, and it was with the end. This issue was closed for a while. The husband prefers one thing, the child another. You have your own personal menu. In extreme cases, you can go to the cafe, but did there already exist canteens? And all these multicookers, ovens with convection, kebabs, deep fryers - nothing more than pampering. Standing on the top shelf and dusting. Even the bakery is not used more than a few times a month.

Then more. Of course, modern cosmetics, like clothes, are very different from what was before. But that's too much, too! A modern woman is forced to buy and use an unimaginable amount of body care products. But pleasure is not cheap. And it doesn't really matter. However, due to modern, high standards, a woman should be able to understand all this, and also by nature to be an artist. How else can you get a good makeup before going out tonight? But we men, for centuries, wash once a day - and that's all we have. Yes, a stone in my garden, but at that moment, this comment made me smile.

In addition, fitness, yoga, gymnastics. A modern woman, even in old age, should, according to her sister, have a pleasant silhouette. No one had thought about it before. She's a resource woman and she's doing it! Unlucky in the genetic lottery and you get fat just from the smell of muffin - write is gone! The boss, even in the rundown office of a peripheral city, you'll never be. It's such stress! Which, by the way, is typical of most people in big cities. It's not in the villages. Why? Modernity has not yet reached the village. That's where the happy live.

There are also children. Just like before: you washed your son or daughter, dressed in something and be! Go to school and let other people do it. And today, a woman should watch the children around the clock. Did they invent mobile phones with the Internet? Clothes, diapers and everything else are enough now, as long as there is money. But the attitude towards the child became special. You need to take him to clubs, courses and so on. Communicate with teachers who apparently have no other business than sitting in classroom chat rooms for hours. There's no time for yourself.

In other words, although it seems that modern women have more rights and opportunities, in fact it is nothing more than a flashlight on the forehead, so that at night you can mow. Well, that's from a joke, I hope you heard. It seems like a resource woman of the new century. But where do you get the strength to do that?

In general, the opinions of both women were radically divided. And in order to quickly get rid of this feeling of misunderstanding, mom and sister at the end moved on to discuss how well men live now and throughout history. But I won’t talk about it or I’ll tell you someday. In case the letters run out.

But personally, I'm wondering, what generation of women do you think was harder to live for? Past or present? It would be interesting to know, really.

Tags

See also

New and interesting