My brother used to prove to me that only poor people eat soup, who knew that chicken soup would fix our relationship.

Prepare. soupIn fact, it is not such a difficult task. In some families, children are taught this from an early age, so that in the future they know from which side the stove should be approached. But soup is a pretty universal dish. It can be very different, ranging from light broths, cream soups, ending with the famous “bath soup”, from which wallpaper is then peeled off on the walls. You can also find this on the Internet.

But there are people who still do not understand why there is a first meal, if there is a food "substantial". Of course, pizza, rolls, and even fried potatoes, saturate much faster. And for some, this is the main criterion in food. However, we dare to upset such comrades, the constant use of heavy food negatively affects the human body. He needs a break sometimes, too. Something light and simple.

The profession of a designer in our time requires more and more special skills, professional skills and time. That's probably why I like her so much. I love it because I really have a talent for it. But she, unfortunately, takes a lot of resources from me, so I am in my 30s still not only unmarried, but without a loved one at all. I am tired of working from home. But going to a stuffy office, where a few dozen curious eyes are watching you, is also not very inspiring.

My brother and I are two in this world, as our parents left us quite young. First my mother died and then my father died. Although we used to live as one friendly and strong family. We talked a lot. Nikolai, my older brother, married his colleague from work, who, by the way, then decided to “dedicate himself to a dream” and quit. He even received an apartment from his parents as a wedding gift. And I stayed with my mom and dad, so now I live in our beloved Khrushchev, surrounded by dusty books, old radio equipment and God knows what else. I hate cleaning.

Now everything is fine, but my brother and I had one moment a while ago, which could ruin our relationship. Nothing special, really. I knew this conversation would happen someday, but it was somehow spontaneous anyway. Talking about sharing the parental inheritance. You see, my brother's wife is one of those who will never miss out on her gain, no matter what the cost. A couple of conversations in the kitchen with her husband, and here Kolenka is already on the threshold with bloated nostrils and full pockets of claims.

New claims - No, Marina. It's not a case. My wife and I are sitting in a one-room box, not getting enough fresh air. You're the only one here, and you're running a house like this! Well, think about it for yourself. At least get out of here. Don't guys come to your house at all?
- Kolya, let everyone live as he wants. My mom always said this apartment would stay for me. You got yours, too, and who gave you the money for the car? I don't have a car, but you do. Honestly, what are you starting with?
- Maybe I want to be a father! How do the three of us live alone?
- Take a loan, sell the car and exchange with a surcharge, not small. And throw your wife to work, two days a week for several hours to teach children English is not a job, but a hobby.
-

I knew it wouldn't last long and one day my daughter-in-law would take her own. My brother's gonna go to court. What do I do then? I have no idea. I don't want to move anywhere. I love this place and grew up here. What else should I look for?

Meat broth soup solved everything. And my old-fashioned habit of keeping leftovers in the freezer. Well, there, crops from greens, vegetables. Some bones and things like that. Kolya always did not understand this and scolded me, saying at the same time that it was just too lazy for me to go to the garbage dump and throw out this “uglyness”. But I know some of the secrets of cooks. Why would I tell my big brother every little thing in the house?

You see, on one of Nikolai’s visits with requests to sell the apartment and divide the money, my brother seemed to me to be particularly painful. All pale, bruises under his eyes. But it's still hot. It’s scary to watch, honestly.

- What, you're gonna get sick, and you're gonna come to me, throw bacilli?
- Yeah, there's a little, I'm leaving now, don't worry. Let's talk business, and then I'll go straight to the hotel.
- Why not go home? What kind of disease?
- My wife tells me not to infect her, she works with children. I don't know, probably a bullish disease. Everything points to that.
- You mean bullish? What is this news?
- Coronavirus, I think. But it was worse the first time. It's still fine now. And the bull, well, because the bull drops. I don’t remember hearing from people, but I did. Let’s think about how many advantages we will have if we sell this apartment now.
- Okay, take a shower and go to bed. You sleep at my place, right in your old room. We'll put you on your feet. You won't get that in a hotel, bro. Then we'll decide.

Of course, I had a full first aid kit for such an occasion, in this regard I am a very thrifty person. However, I still know that our body needs energy to fight the disease. You can't get it out of pills and powders. That's where my secret weapon came in. Namely, a good infused soup on meat broth.

Even though Kolya is my older brother, sometimes he can act like a baby. Argue, criticize. He also told me for half an hour that soup was the food of the poor. Just boiling water, throwing everything in and hoping for the best. And it makes no sense to use it, but the brother listens to people, understands life. It is a good thing that I have known him for many years and have already learned how to find an approach, even to such a hardheaded person. So I kept my grip on it without loosening my grip.

Later in the evening I made a relatively light chicken broth. I crumpled some meat and some vegetables. It was even creepy to think about how Nikolai would feel alone at such a temperature, not at home. Then, the next day, when he felt a little better, I decided to cook something more intense. I had a couple of sugar beef seeds with bone marrow inside. They made a very thick soup, which gave a lot of good for the body. Not surprisingly, by the end of the weekend, Kohl was already feeling much better. Plus, the drugs have done well, too.

I eventually sent him home to his wife. The temperature had already subsided, and there was no serious reason to think that this was the known coronavirus. Probably just the flu. So let him treat it with the standard method now. Since he's almost fine. It was the first time I ever heard a sincere thank you from my brother. It's like he's really an adult. I even called back, thank you again. Like that.

Since then, he's only been calling me if he wants to meet, sit in a cafe or something. We don't talk about the apartment anymore, and I don't remind you. Kolya even hinted that he had talked to his wife and she had recruited more students. Apparently, money is being saved for the expansion of living space. How do I know what's really on her mind? I don't talk to that woman.

I will not argue, ordinary soup, even if properly brewed, is not a magical remedy. He doesn't cure all diseases. He is a good person, and that is a fact. In my case, even I benefited, no matter how mercantile it may sound. I keep living as I did and I like everything. And for those of you who have read my story, I would advise you to do the same thing as me: keep your medicine in the house, just in case. And put leftovers from vegetables and meat in the freezer. Who knows when to eat soup for good health?

Tags

See also

New and interesting