How to cook broth better and more transparent than the mother-in-law

An unusual letter came to us today! Writes a young woman who has just married a loved one. The question is something like this: How to make a broth transparent. Well, dear Lyuba, with great eagerness we will answer and help.

And the rest of our readers we would like to advise not to be shy and write to us more often, because we can really help, probably, in any gastronomic issue. Remember, cooking is an art. It is not enough just to do everything according to the instructions. It is also important to bring a little of your own. Then the result will be unsurpassed!

How to make a broth transparent Scream of the soul of subscribers Hello, lovers "Site". My name is Lyuba, and my situation may seem comical to you, but for me it is a matter of life and death, family. Yes, yes! Don't laugh!

My husband and I finally got married. Everything went according to plan, there were no unplanned troubles at the wedding, which I am extremely happy about. Our parents, if they are not friends, treat each other with respect. Guests are all nice people, too. No one was drunk, everyone was good.

But one of the dishes was served chicken. Beautiful rosy ham in different spices. They were stuffed. I believe that stuffing is necessary only for guests, for a full lunch it will be inappropriate, because they need to cook all day, and they are eaten in one sitting. Thank God my husband agrees with me.

But just a couple of days ago, thinking about those hams, the husband suddenly remembered what a delicious broth his mother cooked in childhood. Transparent, yellow tint. And that's how good she is. I replied that this is an elementary recipe, which is a pond on the Internet. And we bet I could make one.

In the end, my version turned gray and cloudy. I bet it means. Then I, probably, to justify said that my mother had his chickens at home, so the broth, so I was brewy. Then the husband, a smart guy, replied, they say, and in restaurants chickens-broilers. And the broth is beautiful, golden. They can.

We even had a little fight on that ground. So I said that I would make such a broth, and if he didn’t like it, I’m leaving the family! Of course it was a joke. But, my dear ones, teach. Tell me how to make this broth beautiful, even from shop chicken. Thank you very much in advance!

Explain-show To begin with, a few useful tips:

1. If you want to boil a broth from a whole chicken, it is important that all the feathers and their residues are removed; the guttings that will necessarily make the water cloudy are removed; excess fat is removed, which will only spoil the appearance of the broth.
  2. The most intricate soup comes from wings and legs. Such a broth will have a rich color and aroma. Not so fat, but light and tender broth is obtained from chicken fillet. Need something in between? Use offal or whole chicken.

Don’t be afraid to use frozen chicken. It will not affect the broth itself, but the meat will not be so tasty. It is important to remember that before cooking, the meat must be thawed to room temperature.

You want a richer broth? Salt it as soon as it boils. But the meat can get dry. And vice versa: if you salt the dish for 20 minutes before preparation, the broth will acquire a less pronounced taste and aroma, but the meat will turn out as it should. If you have shop chicken up to 1.5 kg, cook it for 1.5 hours. Half a chicken carcass will take only 1 hour to cook. Don't add. in a broth of pot with a strong taste like scented pea pepper and cloves. The taste of chicken will be ruined. But I need to add black pepper peas, bay leaf, dill and parsley.

And the last but important rule. You can't make chicken broth under the lid. The pot must be without it. Thus, boiling water will not come into contact with the surface of the lid and become cloudy. By the way, always keep your fire to a minimum. Minimum fire = minimum vibrations of the broth = minimum chances that it will become cloudy.

Finally, the recipe! The ingredients
  • 0.25 chicken carcass ("quad")
  • 150g carrots
  • 2 small bulbs
  • salt
  • pepper-pea
  • bay-leaf
  • 2.5–3 liters of water

Preparation
  1. First you need to soak the chicken. You can have a night or a day. This will make it possible to get out of the possible harmful substances that are in it (who knows what these store chickens are stuffed with). Besides, she'll get all the extra blood. An important aspect for the future of broth without foam.
  2. Put a pot of water on a medium fire. Immediately carefully put chicken, bay leaves and pepper. Cut the carrots into a few pieces, and just peel the onions off the husks without cutting into pieces. Vegetables also carefully add to the broth. Wait for the dish to boil.
  3. When you start boiling, reduce the fire to a minimum. Don’t touch anything and just wait another 1 hour. It is important that the ingredients remain calm. Now add the salt and wait 15 minutes until the broth is fully cooked. The dish is ready!

Dear Luba! We hope that our article will help you to avoid losing in your dispute, and from now on you will cook only the best and most beautiful broths according to your desire. We are glad that we were able to help you with the advice, and will continue to try to do the same for each of our readers. Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting