Why did girls wear such short dresses in Soviet times, and no one asked.

I recently reviewed my daughter’s photos. It was a fun photo from kindergarten. Girls in short dresses They sing a song in the morning. I can't remember what song they were singing, but their short dress made me smile. At any time, women wanted to be fashionable and beautiful. And the little girls, too. Beautiful dress, bows and white socks. This is what girls looked like in the Soviet Union.

If you look at photos or movies from the Soviet Union, you can see that the girls are all in short dresses. And very often these dresses were more like a t-shirt or a tunic. Did the Soviet Union have a problem with fabrics that children could not sew dresses of normal length? The answer is simple. The textile industry in the Soviet Union has always worked well. And sewing in the Soviet Union was able to almost everything. I remember specially buying books cutting and sewing children's clothes so that my daughter was the most fashionable. So it wasn't exactly the fabric deficit that had the problem of short dresses.

I remember working when my daughter was 1.5 years old. Then there was no decree for 3 years. So my daughter went to the nursery and I went back to work. Children grew up faster and became independent, even in kindergarten. Children in the Soviet Union were treated like children. No one saw them as adults. In the summer, on the beach or in the yard, everyone ran in the same panties, and only the bows on the head distinguished girls from boys. No one even paid attention to the short dresses.

Boys and girls walked in the yard together. There was no game for boys, no game for girls. The trees were climbed equally quickly, so a long dress would only interfere. And in a short one, you can catch leeches on a tree, and on a river, and tumbling in the grass. I remember that my daughter often came in the evening from a walk all smeared and scratched, but happy. Active walks in the fresh air strengthened children's immunity and contributed to a good appetite. Everyone had fun and lived together.

When school started, there was always form. There, teachers and the school administration carefully monitored the length of the skirts of their students. By the age of seven, before giving her daughter to school, she taught her to sit beautifully. That was tough at school. I had to sit flat, move my legs together, walk quietly, keep my head straight. In high school, girls wanted to shorten their skirts. Teachers always complained and wrote notes in the diary that the daughter walks in a short dress. We had conversations at home, but what's the point? Youth is so fleeting...

Comfortable clothes for girls And then, with age, over time, the length of skirts itself lengthens. Today, most women wear pants or jeans. So comfortable and comfortable now. But the woman in the dress looks very different. She has a different gait, and a straight back, and a smile on her face. My daughter notices when she puts on a dress, her mood immediately changes. The main thing is to choose the length of the skirt correctly according to age and status to emphasize your legs. So girls, girls, women, let's remember that we are fragile and delicate creatures, and start wearing beautiful dresses more often. We will raise the mood for ourselves and others.

Do you often wear dresses and how long? Share in the comments your photos in beautiful dresses.

Tags

See also

New and interesting