How to prepare neat blueberries that will melt in your mouth, without the right cabbage nothing will come out

I hope many people will agree with me that blueberries are a work of culinary art. Looking at the trepidation and tenacity with which my grandmother rolled cabbage leaves, I always thought I would never make them so tasty. How much work needs to be done! Boil cabbage, disassemble, roast mince, cook vegetables, boil cereals. That’s probably why I’ve never even tried it. Until distant relatives from Odessa came to visit me and showed me how to make blueberries from fresh cabbage.

I would never have taken this dish myself, because I remember well how my grandmother spent at least three hours cooking. But I was asked to help my aunt and niece to get the cooking done quickly. And then I realized that for perfect pigeons, you don't have to bother with cabbage. And the rice, to be honest, also do not need to boil. It turns out that you can twist blueberries in less than an hour if you cook them according to the Odessa recipe.

Blubers from fresh cabbage according to the Odessa recipe - And what is for dinner today?
- We're going to do some gobies now. Can you help?
- Then I'll go put the cabbage on the fire.
- No, the cabbage is ready.
- How? Fresh or something?
- No, we put her in the freezer last night, and today she's already thawed.

Or the story of how I learned that cabbage leaves don't have to be boiled. In general, the cooking process is quite problematic: steam, smell, even a pot of a suitable size would be found, or you will have to turn over forever. Someone manages to cook cabbage in the microwave, which is much easier. 10 minutes at maximum, and ready. Just do not forget to pack the head in a bag and make holes in it. But the way with the freezer conquered me once and for all. Now I can spin my pigeons whenever I want.

The trick is that after freezing and defrosting, the leaves become very soft. Instead of losing the taste and useful substances when cooking, cabbage fully retains its properties. In addition, the trouble with it becomes so little that blueberries want to cook again and again. No smell, no steam, in general, beauty.

The recipe for blueberries:

The ingredients
  • 1 cabbage head
  • 1kg pork with fat
  • 1 cup of rice
  • 2 bulbs
  • 1 carrot
  • 3 tbsp tomato paste
  • 3 tbsp sour cream
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 bay leaf
  • salt, fragrant and black pepper, vegetable oil to taste