I wanted to spend the evening with my daughters, cook doves, but it did not end as I expected.

What is a holiday without favorite dishes? The Coat, the Coat, cabbage All this tasty stuff from year to year we like only more and do not bother at all. Mainly because it is a symbol of something bright, pleasant, nostalgic. The soul is warm and the soul is warm. But also because all these dishes we often cook plus or minus once a year. Not often at all. They can and should be cooked.

Eating the above foods is necessary in the family circle. Where everything is simple, where everything is your own and you do not need to “get out” in front of anyone. You can be yourself. This is the closest, most native circle of communication. Are people not worthy of meeting with them at least once a year? The question, of course, is rhetorical. And today we have a story for you where cabbage doves almost ruined everything.

As a child, my parents sent me to an orphanage. It was a tough time, I wasn't abandoned, no. But for a while, on my own skin, I felt what it was. So I know firsthand what it feels like when a team of a few dozen kids can be completely unfriendly. I don't want to remember that time, but that's how I explain my love for my children.

Later, in marriage, my husband and I had two children. Both girls, my daughters. But I also had a big setback. My husband started drinking and after a while we had to separate. This is not to say that it was a mutual decision. The husband did not want to leave the family. But I saw clearly that with this man we simply have no future. And where would he come from, if every year the situation became more critical.

He wasn't going to give up his habit, and I've seen the father of my children change mentally and physically. He stopped bringing money home. Even when he was sober, he refused to do his duty to help me as his wife. He made new friends and quiet drinks. They were harmless like kittens. We were always there or on the street nearby. I could not stand it, and I finally decided to divorce. That's how I became a single mother.

For a couple of years we lived poor like church mice. Sometimes I had to borrow money from neighbors who themselves could not boast of large salaries. But from time to time they came to meet me, apparently aware of my situation with the girls. What would that lead to? I can't even think about it. So it was decided that I would go to work in another country. My aunt will look after my daughters. Although I knew that she never had a special love for children.

So began my new life in a new place, lasting a total of about 15 years. That's how long I've been running abroad to get my kids back on their feet. I don’t like to brag about anything, but it has yielded certain fruits. At least each of the daughters now has separate apartments in which they live with their families. I'm very happy about that, of course. They are the most precious thing in the world to me. Because of my childhood, I think you understand.

Despite everything, while I was working, I had one ironclad rule. Come home every year for the winter holidays. It has become a tradition, because this period of the year is always special. The kids were waiting for me more than the winter holidays. I always tried not to disappoint them. In addition, every year I had to see my aunt and deal with her financial issues. In general, not to say that I somehow especially felt the festive atmosphere, but somehow I had to be home. Eat cabbage doves, feel at home.

Every year I get more and more amazed at how fast my girls grow. There were, of course, concerns about their studies and everything. Thank goodness they never made excuses. Both daughters studied well and did not get involved with bad companies. They had every chance to do that. Some children need a few minutes to be ignored by their parents. And that's it, now they have poor academic performance and suspicious friends.

But Olga and Julia always surprised me in this regard. Graduated with honors, entered the Institute, free. Isn't that any mother's dream? Of course, I don’t know all the details, they probably were. But after graduating from institutes, first the older woman married, and then the younger one. That's when they needed me. I have never been able to attend a wedding, but with wedding gifts I definitely did not disappoint.

I've been home for a year. I did not come empty-handed, so it was enough to make a small renovation in the apartment and even left some money for a living. I decided to give myself a break and not look for a job until I had a good rest. We have normal relations with our daughters, it is a pity that they can not often be with me. They have their own families, their work is a normal adult life. As much as I want, I can't tell them what to do.

But I recently had a birthday. This is why the children came to visit me. Without sons-in-law, just sit in a normal home environment. At least I thought so. I sat on the table and we had a great time. After a while, the topic of our conversation turned to their problems. It turned out that Ole, that Yule would not hurt financial assistance for their families. For a reason, in debt. But they needed the money. I didn’t want to talk about it on my holiday, so I asked them to come the next day and they agreed.

The next day, even though there was still a lot of food in the fridge, I wanted to eat something at home. I have two mistresses in my apartment! So I asked my daughters to make me cabbage doves. I'd even help them myself. Just wanted to spend the evening in a family routine, with their own children. They're pretty big, they should know how. And that's when it all started.

The younger one began to argue with the older one, which rice should be in blueberries: raw or already cooked. Then the argument turned to personalities and past grievances that I had no idea about. Each of the girls in his defense brought a variety of dirty arguments. That's how I found out that Olya took the fiancé away from Julia. And Julia, in turn, in her youth was not at all modest among the guys. Then other accusations poured in, as one of the girls hated her aunt, and the other did nothing but suck up to her.

At the end of the day, I didn’t wait for any pigeons. But I heard too much information that I didn’t need to hear as a mother. In fact, I had some dirty dishes in my sink. And to distract me, I decided to wash these dishes. But my daughters started accusing each other of not helping me like a mother’s daughter. They were screaming so much that I thought the neighbors would call the police!

In the end, the children left, each in its own direction. With tears in my eyes, I remembered only by the end of the evening that they had come to me to borrow money. And they forgot about the old grievances. I wouldn’t mind helping them, but now the situation has changed. Neither the youngest nor the oldest need my money. But they don’t want to talk to each other. And as I understand it, it's not a joke at all. I am afraid that we will celebrate the New Year separately. And how else, if they are together, they flatly refuse.

I don't know what to do now. Is it because of some pigeons that I will be celebrating the New Year holidays alone for the first time? I should've just listened to them and not pretended. Now I reap what I sowed. A stupid woman who messed up her own daughters.

Tags

See also

New and interesting