For the past 8 years I have lived abroad only for my own pleasure, but when I returned home, I realized that I had made a big mistake.

Improving financial literacy For most people, it happens not in the walls of some higher educational institutions, but on personal experience. And what to do if life is not sugar and learn to save, and correctly distribute funds many have almost immediately after graduation. You go to work and start - there saved, then denied yourself something and so on in a circle. And what to do if prices bite and by the end of the month from the paycheck are only “horns and legs”.

But it happens that, in general, adults can not learn to monitor their funds. People who are responsible not only for themselves but also for their children. And this moment can be a huge problem. In marriage, for example, there should be harmony and understanding. And what kind of harmony can we talk about if one partner only does what he earns and the other does not know how to spend? These families often just fall apart.

After my husband left me and my son, I became very critical of other men of my peers. I don't know why. But I couldn't help myself. I was only 36 years old at the time. You could say, not even very mature. She was young. But, at one point - as a hand removed. The very thought of finding someone else made me angry. I just hated my ex-husband. There must have been mental problems.

Anton was 10 years old at the time. A little boy who should have seen my tantrums and tears. After all, the divorce was a big blow for me: I had never worked anywhere before, my husband provided for us all. He was engaged in everyday life, in comfort and tranquility, while he performed his duty as a breadwinner. But at some point... Things went wrong. It's good that we have an apartment. Without her, we'd probably go to the dip. I have no other option at the time.

Peels The next 7 years were tough. I had to take part-time jobs: I couldn't leave full-time because of the baby. My mom and dad helped me because I’m their only daughter. But they did not divorce and were able to earn money with their mind. From time to time, they brought some food, even clothes. Not that I'm complaining, but you can imagine how I felt then. Although I was not attracted to men, I always want to look normal. Oh, come on.

Year after year, nothing changed, my son was growing up and I was trying to make things relatively normal. But then I just couldn't stand it and decided to leave. Overseas, something to earn. In fact, I don't know, maybe I just wanted to run away from that life. But even if so, my patience was running out. Anton has grown up, we talked to him and he said that he does not mind. Grandpa and grandma will help, if anything, but in general, he is already an adult. In my 40s, I was able to go wherever I wanted.

Peels is actually what I did. I borrowed money from my dad and left. I expected that all this event will last, at most, 2 years. No more. What would change for me if I found out I would be in Italy for about 8 years? Hard to say. It's a long stretch of time. And yet, that's what happened. Although I regret it now, but for other reasons, which I will now try to explain.

So, despite the many warnings from friends and parents that in another country, no one cares if you are cold or hungry, Italy welcomed me quite warmly. First, I got a job as a waitress, who several times a day could replace the dish washer. Yeah, I wouldn't say it was easy. Especially in the case of plates. But our cafe was very small, there were few customers and there was no need to stand on your feet all day without rest. In addition, it was a good area where it was customary to leave a pleasant tip. Unless, of course, the staff did their job properly.

I bought not even a dictionary, but a phrasebook, from which I tried to remember only those phrases that could help me in practice. Everything else can already be learned in the process, from native speakers. Overall, I had no problems communicating. If the boss or one of the clients came and read me a speech for a long time, actively waving their hands, I just smiled and tried to be nice. In 99% of cases, the problem disappeared. What can I say, lucky.

And then I met a man who made me feel something again. The last time this happened was with my ex-husband. Pretty quickly we had an affair and even began to live together. It was an unusual alliance, I have to admit. Even though we both worked, we were really happy. Almost every night we walked around the city, drank, danced, laughed. There is no better time in my life.

I plunged into a new element for myself so much that I did not even notice how it was 5 years ago. It was one moment for me. But I had to go home: Anton had already become quite an adult and was thinking about getting married. I had no such thoughts despite a long relationship. I wanted to attend my son’s holiday. So I took a month off and went home. There I met my daughter-in-law, admired my handsome son, visited my parents. Everything was great.

One thing I didn't like. The son was a stranger, aloof. I wanted to ask him, but because of all the turmoil and the rush of nostalgia, I didn’t want to go anywhere in the negative. And now, 3 years later, our problems with our son are more urgent than ever. Yeah, I broke up with my boyfriend because of a personal conflict. Came home. And I realized that all these years I was doing the wrong thing: not saving money, not buying real estate, nothing. In fact, I didn't even pay my dad back. I sent some pennies, but nothing serious.

And now I realize that my son made the wedding for his money. Only a little reported by the parents of the daughter-in-law. On the other hand, he did not like my gifts brought from abroad. My mom and dad are old enough to help me. And from Anton no feedback — lives in a rented apartment with his wife and does not invite to visit. Yeah, I made a mistake. A little childish took her life away from home. Am I an ordinary woman, an ordinary person?

But I still think my son could be more sensitive to me, because I'm his mother. Why don't we talk because I didn't help him with money? After all, he told me before the trip that he was an adult and I remember it for sure. Are men really that vindictive? Especially when it comes to the most holy thing, the mother?

Tags

See also

New and interesting