One day I was returning from uni and saw an ad: “Good people, lost 50 hryvnia, nothing to buy bread,” decided to help.

For many of us, old age is not associated with the most pleasant emotions. No, there's nothing wrong or unnatural about it. A normal part of human life. But, unfortunately, it is the elderly who are the most vulnerable people in social terms. Little pensions, kids with their own lives. Is there much positive in this? There are still people who remember well. what is mercy. And for that, thank you very much.

Because old people, when you think about it, don't need much. To have health, and therefore money for medicines. Human interaction, because we all need it, regardless of age, right? And some hope for tomorrow. It's very important. When you are old, it is important to have that ray of faith that helps you get up in the morning and live the day, no matter how difficult it may be. Hope warms us all from the inside out.

As a student, I understand what is good and what is bad. No, seriously. As a child, you feel like you are on a different wavelength. You think you're the smartest. You're pretending to be a tough misanthrope. I honestly don't know why. But I had a time when it seemed like everyone was against you. And you're the only one in the world who understands things. It's a good thing he passed quickly.

About a year ago, I met an old woman in the yard next to my house. Well, as I met, I just walked, and she sat on a bench and all of a sudden praised my hair. What's weird is, I was wearing colorful African pigtails back then. Now I realize how stupid I was, because they didn't suit me at all. But Grandma seems to be cheering me up. It was a warm summer day and I have cat scrapers on my mind. But her compliment seemed to open up new vitality in me. We met, and I moved on.

Familiar grandmother Evgenia Valerievna often sat on the same bench. Sometimes alone and sometimes in the company of other older women. We said hello, but I never stopped to talk to her or ask about her health. Don't get me wrong, you're on the phone, you're in a hurry for a couple or a meeting. And she didn't really call me. Life went on as usual, and little by little I completely forgot about our first meeting.

A couple of months later, my classmate, Nastya, moved to her entrance. We communicated well, but I never went to her house. It's not my rules, so what should I do with her? These guys are always sitting at each other’s houses, playing video games or watching football. I never understood what the point was. It is better to communicate in the fresh air or in a cafe. And not every day. And they say they're gossiping girls. Modern kids do nothing but talk. Like the same pensioners.

One day Nastya and I met my “old” friend, Evgenia Valerievna. She again praised our appearance, asked if we were doing well. In general, it was clear that my grandmother was not averse to chatting: she had energy, at least she had enough. But unfortunately we had to go somewhere, so we didn't have time for her. They smiled, answered something with common phrases and went about their business. What can we do, what can we talk to her about?

And recently I was walking home through the entrance of my friend and saw a very prominent ad at the entrance, handwritten: “Good people, lost 50 hryvnias.” There is nothing to buy bread for, help whoever finds it.” And a note, apartment 76. Of course, it may be a coincidence, but it always seemed to me that my old friend lived in the entrance alone. I mean, it was other pensioners who were hooking up with her, because I saw them on other benches. Evgenia Valerievna has never changed her place. That's the situation.

Peels Of course, I had time, so I decided to go to Grandma's and help. I'll pretend I found some money near the bench, a small amount. At the same time, I will make sure that everything is exactly as I think. When I got to the right floor, I saw my grandmother. She looked at me through her glasses and said hello. I told her that I found the money near the place where she always sits. And I handed out a specially crumpled bill before that.

Seeing the money, Evgenia Valerievna smiled and winked me cheerfully. I told her that I was the eighth person to come to see her today. And even more, some somehow found her phone number and called, promising to visit soon. She's very pleased, thank you. But still, it seems that I did not find this money near the bench, but in my own wallet. I, of course, began to come up with another story, they say, there is even dirt on paper. And just put the money on the nightstand at the entrance. Such a nice woman just wanted to give something.

What kind of mercy we stood for a few more minutes. I listened to a little monologue about how my friend is a good girl and how she greets her roommate every time. Which is great, and we're all friends, and so be it forever. And then, as I was about to leave, my grandmother smiled and asked me to remove that ad. Because she wasn't actually the one who wrote it. But she is very pleased that so many visitors came to her, although she certainly does not need any money from us. I was very surprised by this turn, but promised to do everything as requested.

We met Nastya the next day. I certainly did not fail to tell her about yesterday's story. But she didn't seem surprised at all. “Has she taken the money?” asked my classmate. I said yes and she smiled happily.

You know, I’m new to this house, but even I have heard stories about what a wonderful woman this Yevgenia Valerievna is. But I never saw her in the company of her son, daughter or grandchildren. It turned out that yes, she is a very lonely person. So I came up with this ad thing. She wrote it herself, she came to her. And then, as I realized, there were others reaching out to her. As you can see, it was just an excuse. It turns out that people really like her.”

That's how I learned that day how wise my friend is and how nice old people are. Nice and, unfortunately, very lonely.

Tags

See also

New and interesting