God won't ask you what car you drove, he'll ask you how many people you drove.

How often do you hear God’s blessings? Based on personal experience, I would venture to assume that in these moments a complex, inexplicable feeling engulfs you. It combines delight, gratitude, joy, readiness and anxiety: will I be able to fulfill responsibly and with dignity what the voiced blessing of God carries?

Wishing of God's Blessing

God doesn’t ask you what kind of car you drove, he asks you how many people you drove in it. And this expression, of course, concerns not only the passion for cars. And in general, any path, choice, occupation, service...

Immediately there are associations with people who are perceived as a gift of fate, and with life trials, and with lessons learned from trials.

The efforts of a person to understand what is most important in life, what is the essence of the right path, are reflected in many philosophical and religious teachings, in works of art. And the conclusions made during the search echo in different religions, among different peoples.

All over the world known and understandable story parable for children “Web” Japanese writer Ryunoske Akutagawa. Do you remember how Buddha was ready to save a hardened robber from hell for the only good thing in life - he did not crush a spider? And what happened? The hardened sinner did not even think to help others, and the Buddha broke his fingers. life-web. Without understanding God’s plan, the thief fell into hell irrevocably.

The book of Job is one of the most dramatic and at the same time poetic parts of the Christian Old Testament. It is included in the Jewish Tanakh (Palestinian canon), namely, in the part of Ktuvim (Scripture). The story of God’s beloved Job, blessed by the Lord for righteousness with good health, good children and the greatest wealth in the East, has stirred minds and pierced hearts for almost twenty-five centuries.

Satan, with the consent of God, subjected him to terrible trials, deprived him of his property, killed his children, betrayed him to terrible ailments. Evil was eager to prove to God that his beloved would renounce faith and righteousness, if he took away his prosperity. And God was sure of the devotion of the one in whom He Himself saw a just, God-fearing, innocent, avoiding evil.

The sufferer endured all the trials without reproaching the Lord, and was rewarded with an increased state, born children, healthy longevity.
I don't think you're taking this biblical story literally either. People and people were repeatedly subjected to the fate of Job. And they are. Like Ukraine and Ukrainians. Our faith is with us, as well as God’s blessing on our country and people.

St. John Chrysostom taught: “Good things have happened, bless God, and good things will remain.” Bad things have happened, bless God, and bad things will stop. Thank God for everything!

And here is a very specific story about very well-known people. And the importance of money and things. A healthy attitude towards these realities.

Once in a London hotel, the famous Sophia Loren was robbed - stole all the jewelry. Sitting in the room and sobbing, the actress looked inconsolably at the dresser, but saw nothing behind the tears. Nearby was Vittorio De Sica - the famous neorealist director, playwright, actor and composer. He tried to reassure the actress:

Sophie, you and I were born into tragic but noble poverty. Money comes and goes, you know. Why waste your tears?
- But those decorations were part of me, Vitto, the upset star sobbed.
- Please remember, never cry for something that cannot cry for you.

And Sophia Loren follows that advice. Yes, money and things are important. But what we are determines our actions.

The Golden Rule: Have you also been taught since childhood that you should do to others as you want them to do to you? The golden rule. But sometimes it is difficult to determine what you really want or what is better to choose. For example, tell an unpleasant truth to a loved one about someone dear to him or keep silent? Offer a friend the thing your daughter grew out of? What if it hurts her?

Such fluctuations can be a lot in any choice of action, decision. And yet there is a way to avoid mistakes, falsehoods. Rabbis willingly talk about a teacher who gained the fame of a sage during his lifetime. It is said that even God once consulted with him:
- I want to play hide-and-seek with humanity. Angelov asked where to hide. Some believe that the most suitable place will be the depth of the oceans. Others assure the reliability of the summit of Chomolungma. Others recommend as the best refuge the far side of the moon or a distant star, they say, they are not visible from the Earth. What do you say?

The teacher said:
- Hide, Lord, in the heart of man. It will be the last place people think of.
The conclusion is simple: you need to look into your own heart more often. Then we can make much less mistakes in making decisions about actions. And prayer It'll be sincere. You agree with me?

Tags

See also

New and interesting