Friends introduced me to a nice man, we got along well and decided to move in, but after a couple of months I regretted it.

Family and family relations should be based not so much on love, but on mutual trust and respect. And I support young people who first decide to live together, take a closer look, and then officially get married. Experience suggests that not only in the kitchen the first pancake lump. Surely. closeness You have to pass some kind of check.

When it came time to think about family, I already had my own apartment. It remained only to find a reliable person with whom you could connect your fate. But it was not easy, because people often present themselves as much better than they really are.

When I met Dmitry, I was described as a “good” and “kind” person who was “unlucky in his first marriage.” We met for six months. During the courtship stage, the gentleman behaved decently. So when the man offered to live together, I agreed. A week later, he moved in with me. My friend asked me to justify my decision. And I explained to her that it was not a matter of passionate love: in my soul there was an absolute certainty that Dima would never hurt me.

As a child, I often heard a drunken neighbor during a binge making a brawl in his house. Then I saw a drunken husband throwing his fists at his aunt. I promised that this would not happen in my family. Therefore, I was looking for a man calm and quiet.

In the first months of living together, Dima began to show that he was not as white and fluffy as our mutual friends told him. At first he wondered where I was “putting” my salary. I didn’t mention personal income. But the man knew I was earning more than he was being paid. I didn't like his question, but I didn't want to dwell on the little things. So I took it by my arm over the weekend and we went to the market together to make a stock of groceries for the week. No one asked me about money anymore.

Then Dmitry said that his parents had long received an apartment in a new building, but only a box was built there. He voiced the idea that I could sell my apartment and invest the proceeds in new housing. I told him that we would wait and see. I should have been alerted that a man was already making plans for my living space: he had nothing to do with my apartment. And we're not signed. But I used to trust people, so I thought that this is how a man plans our future together.

We were invited to visit once. We had fun in the company of friends, but on returning home Dima began to show aggression. In order not to provoke a scandal, I went to bed. But he grabbed my hair and dragged me to another room. I was not going to tolerate such treatment and gave back. There was a fight. The power was unequal, but I tried! Realizing that he could not cope with me, the brawler let me go and fell asleep.

In the morning I told Dmitri to pack up and get out of where I came from. He threatened me that he was entitled to half my apartment. You see, someone there told him that he could sue for 50 percent of my property. He explained that we lived together for 6 months, although we were not married. I barely held back to throw it off the balcony, and cut it off: "Just try it!" Then he realized I was a bad joke, so he moved out.

Left alone, I cried a lot: it was a shame to realize that I could be so wrong in people. What happened to me was what I feared most: a man raised his hand! But time is the best doctor. Soon I pulled myself together and thanked my life for science.

And Dmitry, after all that happened, still tried to improve relations. But I wasn't going to forgive him. Am I right?

Tags

See also

New and interesting