The son called for a serious conversation and said that he will soon become a father, but there is one caveat.

Resolving a difficult situation It's often hard for us. Especially when you have to choose between two evils. Since people are social creatures, we often resort to the advice of friends, relatives, psychologists. It is like living the life that others dictate to us.

On the one hand, experienced people can really suggest a good idea. But life, as we all know, likes to take turns where you least expect. So, maybe it is better to rely on your own feelings, even if they are only intuitive? But in this way, you will not have to regret in the future about lost opportunities because of someone’s bad instructions.

Not so long ago, my only son Roma gave us all family problems. He is 28 years old, but unfortunately he never learned to look to the future. Now he has to solve a difficult situation.

Four years ago, he married a girl he loved very much. I met her at work and she was married before. Then Roman began to look after her and, in the end, brought us to the house to meet her. I remember that day, because my father and I were warned in advance, prepared. And Marina came in some strange shorts, and even left after 20 minutes, because she was called to her friends.

I can't hide it. I wasn't thrilled that my daughter-in-law was like this. But the son said she was the one and he wanted to be her husband. The wedding was not long in coming. I’m 51 years old and I’m not the kind of woman who visits her children every day. So I learned about my son’s independent family life only from his words.

In general, he said that their marriage is fine. Well, we went on vacation together. And before that we had a little quarrel: what to do, everything is like people. But there was no talk of grandchildren. I once asked Roma what were the principles or were you just waiting for the right moment financially? He told me they were ready for the kids for a long time. But things haven't worked out yet.

What can I do? I guess it takes time. That's how I decided. And calmed down about it. And then my son called and asked me to meet him. I needed to talk. I certainly didn't say no.

Having talked, the son confessed to me: he will soon become a father, but there is a nuance. The wife doesn't know about it yet. But the girl who is supposed to be the mother of his child, I know well. This is Masha - Romkin school love. They walked for a long time and parted very sadly. At least my son didn't find a place for himself, I remember that very well.

What do we do now? Roma asked for advice on how to proceed. After all, he really had feelings for his wife, he married at his own request, so that he could not divorce morally. Mary has a special place in her heart. And after the son found out that she was in a position... A difficult choice required a decision.

For good or bad, giving important advice is the worst thing. And how can I give my son some guidance if I don't know all the introductories? You can't get in your head, you can't know the whole truth. So I chose to avoid a direct answer. A grown-up son, let him decide what to do. A man must determine everything in his life.

But Roma made his next mistake a week later. When I shared the news with my mother, my grandmother. I decided to ask her what he should do, because she “has lived life and has great experience.” Yes, a 74-year-old woman who never worked a day in her life, only prayed and poisoned her husband’s life. She has something to say.

We live close to each other, but hardly communicate. I can't stand religious people teaching everyone. And Mom? My mom just can’t stand me. That's it. So you can only imagine my reaction to this hasty decision of my own son. However, he received extensive advice that if he divorced his wife, he would burn in hell of fire, and his family would fall all the curses of the world.

So yes, it is better to live your whole life in deception, to give up your “breed born of sin” and, of course, to beg forgiveness in the church. I think if she wanted to, she would also advise to terminate the pregnancy. But even that's a crazy idea for her: the church doesn't tolerate that.

So the situation at the moment is this: my grandson hasn't been born yet. The son from day to day confesses to his wife in treason. But I don't know how this ends. His mother presses on him, calls him every day to come to her service, to be told how to live there, sprinkled with holy water and so on.

And I feel like a weak traitor. Weak, because I can't even now talk to my son, shout, give good advice and demand that he do this and that. Anyway, he's still my kid. But I betray him by the fact that I cannot tell my mother not to interfere in other people's affairs. She can call my daughter-in-law if she wants to. What's her fault?

I wish my son only the best. But I don't know how to help him. All that remains is to watch with idle hands. I hope the issue will be resolved easily and without serious problems. This is not a mistake of youth, but the consequences can prevail over Romka for a lifetime. And that, of course, saddens me even more. I don’t know what the solution to a difficult situation will be.

Tags

See also

New and interesting