Why experienced housewives soak rice in salt water, only the wisest open this trick

One day, my sister and I had a competition to name more dishes made from rice. Started with names, and ended with a dispute: do you soak rice before cooking? Here our opinions differed dramatically, almost to the quarrel did not come. The thing is, my sister soaks the rice in salt water before cooking it and convinces me to do it one way or the other. I do not soak rice for a long time, but only thoroughly wash under running water.

On one thing, we agreed unanimously: cereals should be bought high-quality, rice grains should be beautiful and undamaged, and it is better not to use rice mesh.
Editorial "Site" Consider both ways and weigh all the pros and cons

So, first about how to soak rice. The water is heated to a temperature of 60 degrees, thoroughly salted and filled with rice for 2-4 hours. The time of soaking depends on the type of cereal. Boiling water can not be used, because then the rice will simply steam, and instead of pilaf you will have to cook doves!

It is believed that only in salt and hot water, rice is best washed from the starch it contains. After all, it is starch that turns pilaf into rice porridge. And the less it remains in the rice, the more crumbly the dish will turn out. In order not to have to soak for too long, you can choose rice with less starch.

How to wash my rice cereal under running water. You can use both warm and cold water from the tap, who has any. Pour the rice with water and let it wait until the vegetables are cooked or the meat is roasted. This is enough time so that the dish does not stick together.

I use round rice for milk porridge, pigeons and meatballs, and I take long-grained rice for pilaf. Rice varieties “basmati”, “indica” or “jasmine” by nature contains a low percentage of starch, and this is the key to success, and the chances of cooking a crumbly dish increase significantly. For pilaf, steamed rice is ideal, and they say that it is more useful than white.

In both cases, we use a large amount of water, and rice gets rid of harmful substances that are used for long-term storage of the product. Since all cereals are treated with chemistry, it is necessary to wash them if you care about your own health and want to avoid sores.

When soaking rice, you need to have free time: while you heat the water, until you soak the cereal for a couple of hours, then all this must be washed, and then only start cooking. This method is suitable when you have planned a festive lunch and do not rush anywhere.

If your husband came back from work with the question: “Honey, what do we have for dinner?” Let's flush it out fast and go!

I want to reveal one secret: there is no big difference, you soak the cereal or not, the main thing is that neither rice nor buckwheat porridge can be mixed during cooking, then the dish will definitely be crumbly! They poured pilaf into the Kazan, mixed everything conscientiously, poured water and put it on the stove. When you start to boil, reduce the fire to a minimum and forget! Then we just watch when all the water evaporates. All the liquid is gone - pilaf is ready!

You can also not cook pilaf on the stove, and languish in the oven. And then wrap the container in an old towel and wrap it well so that the pilaf “rests”. Try this – the taste of the dish will be delicious!

What way to use in the preparation of rice, you must decide for yourself, because how many housewives, so many opinions. Listening to other people’s advice is sometimes helpful.

Tags

See also

New and interesting