5 best recipes of pilaf

The pilaf. Photo: thinkstockphotos.com

I invite You to embark on an exciting gastronomic journey through the countries of the nearest East and sample delicious pilaf from Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkey, Armenia and Uzbekistan. Definitely make sure you have a good, preferably homemade, ghee, high-quality rice, water and the right set of spices. This is very important.

Bayram pilaf from Uzbekistan

The most delicious Uzbek pilaf. Photo: Domashniy.ru

Traditional Uzbek pilaf with lamb, raisins and quince. It's quick and easy, but, honestly, it's not the cheapest option.

RECIPE BAYRAM PILAF FROM UZBEKISTAN

What you need:
ghee
1 onion
400 g lamb (perfect chops on the bone)
the rump
200 g carrots
1 quince
1 head of garlic
6 tbsp. water
2 tsp spices for pilaf
2 tbsp. white long grain rice
a handful of dark raisins
1 tbsp barberry
salt, pepper – to taste

How to cook Bayram pilaf from Uzbekistan:

1. Heat ghee in a cauldron (I used a cast iron wok). Fry the chopped onion until the appearance of the pleasant aroma, 3-5 minutes. Add chopped small cubes of meat and fat. Quickly sear on all sides.

Photo: Domashniy.ru

2. Carrots cut into cubes and add to the meat. Fry until soft over medium heat.

3. Quince peel and cut into 4 parts. Garlic clear from the top of the husk, in any case do not remove the bottom skins! Add to meat and onions, fry for 1-2 minutes until a slight garlic flavor.

Cover with water, add spices and bring to a boil.

4. Rice rinse well in cold water. Ideally, you should soak the rice for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight in salted water to speed up the cooking process. Pour rice in a large kettle, add the washed raisins and barberries, salt and pepper and cover with lid. Cook for 25-30 minutes until soft rice. Then stir and let stand 10-15 minutes.

5. Bayram pilaf is ready!

Iç pilav: Turkish pilaf with chicken liver

Pilaf with chicken livers. Photo: Domashniy.ru

One of the most popular in Turkey. A perfect balance of flavors: slightly spicy, warming and very hearty, iç pilav is great for the cold season. If you love Oriental food, and tend to unknown, be sure to cook this pilaf!

RECIPE FOR TURKISH PILAF WITH CHICKEN LIVER

What you need:
boiling water
70 g butter
small handful of pistachio nuts
1 onion
150 g chicken liver
0.5 tsp of ground black and white pepper
a small handful of dark raisins
6 cups of water or beef broth
salt
1 tsp sugar
a bunch of parsley

How to cook Turkish pilaf with chicken liver:

1. Rice pour boiling water. Add 2 tsp salt and leave for half an hour. Rinse well in cold water.

2. In a pot heat butter, fry the pistachios before the advent of the pleasant aroma. Then add chopped onion and fry until Golden brown.

3. To enter the liver and Fig. Mix well.

Add the two peppers and washed raisins. Stir again.

4. Pour water or broth, season with salt and add sugar. Cover and cook until soft rice, 25-35 minutes.

Turn off the heat.

5. Cover wrap towel and cover the cauldron. Leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Serve with chopped parsley.

6. Turkish pilaf with chicken livers ready!

Iranian festive plov

Pilaf from Iran. Photo: Domashniy.ru

It's not just rice, it's a real extravaganza of flavors, aromas and extraterrestrial pleasure! And it can easily be called a diet because low-calorie chicken. I allowed myself to deviate from the classic recipe, significantly reducing the amount of oil and adjust the flow. In the original, this pilaf should be 3 colors – red, yellow and white, but to me this thing had no taste, it is a very long, difficult and problematic. So I chose to cook colorful, bright, colorful rice, who conquered all of my family members. The meat quality is fine and the wings and thighs and even breast.

RECIPE OF IRANIAN FESTIVE PILAF

What you need:
100 g melted butter
1 large onion
300 g chicken meat
spices for pilaf
saffron (can substitute turmeric)
1 orange
1 tablespoon of sugar
Zira
a handful of dried apricots
a handful of Golden raisins
a handful of pistachio nuts
a handful of almonds
4 tbsp. rice
8 cups of water
4 tbsp. of milk of 3,2%
lavash
salt
1 pomegranate

How to cook Iranian festive plov:

1. In skillet, heat 1 tbsp ghee, fry chopped onions until Golden color and pleasant aroma.

2. Add big pieces of chicken.

Stirring, fry on all sides until almost cooked. Then enter the spices and raisins (if using turmeric instead of saffron, then add here and it) and the saffron water. To make it very simple: soak the saffron in boiling water and let it brew. Stir, add salt and simmer until the chicken is cooked.

Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl.

3. To remove the zest from the orange using peelers and soak in boiling water until until no longer see the wax on the walls of the dishes, about 4-5 times.

Cut the peel thin strips.

4. In skillet, heat 1 tbsp ghee, sugar and cumin. When the sugar begins to melt, add the zest and quickly fry on all sides, avoiding burning.

Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl.

5. Heat 1 tbsp ghee and fry the cut slices dried apricots and raisins separately (in another pan) pistachios, cut into slices and almonds.

6. Before cooking the rice until al dente, it should be washed in cold water and soak for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight. I have time to soak the rice there, so I put it in salted boiling water with milk and cooked on low heat for 15 minutes.

Then put the rice in a sieve and rinse with cold water.

7. The bottom of the cauldron, wok or large thick-walled pan brush with remaining melted butter and covered with lavash. Put the rice and all the toppings (chicken, lemon zest, dried apricots, raisins and nuts), salt, mix gently to part of rice remained white, and some were painted in different colors.

Close the lid, wrapped the inner side with a towel, which will absorb excess moisture, and put on low heat for 10-15 minutes.

8. Pilaf lay heaped on a dish, garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.

9. Iranian festive pilaf is ready!

Armenian pilaf "Ararat"

Sweet pilaf from Armenia. Photo: Domashniy.ru

The Armenians call this sweet pilaf a true diamond of the Armenian cuisine. And it is, indeed, delicious. Rice can be boiled in normal water and in water with milk in a 2:1, and even in a chicken broth.

RECIPE OF ARMENIAN PILAF "ARARAT"

What you need:
6 tbsp. water
100 g raisins, dried apricots, almonds (figs or prunes – optional)
0,5 tbsp. melted butter
salt
Armenian lavash
pomegranate seeds (optional)

How to cook the Armenian pilaf "Ararat":

1. Dried to wash and put in a sieve to drain excess liquid. Mix with nuts and put in a water bath for 30 minutes. Steamed dried fruits and nuts, mix with 2-3 tbsp. of melted butter.

2. Water bring to a boil, add 1 tbsp of salt and to load the rice into the boiling water. Cook rice until al dente. Shift the rice in a sieve and rinse with cold water.

3. The bottom of the cauldron (or a large thick-walled pan) spread a third of melted butter and covered with lavash (it is necessary to ensure that the rice does not burn). Sprinkle a third of the rice.

Drizzle the rice with melted butter (1-2 tbsp), then add another third of rice and over again to pour the oil. To do the same operation with the remaining rice. Close the lid, wrapped the inner side with a towel, which will absorb excess moisture. Put on very low fire for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat.

4. On a serving dish put the rice hill (hence the name pilaf "Ararat"), put the dried fruit and nuts, if desired decorate with pomegranate seeds. Traditionally, this pilaf is served with pieces of pita bread, but I liked regarding dietary the first option.

5. Armenian pilaf "Ararat" is ready!

Rishta-pilov from Azerbaijan

Pilaf with noodles. Photo: Domashniy.ru

This Azerbaijani pilaf caught my attention extravagant combination products. Rice and vermicelli together like this? It turned out to be fantastically delicious! And saw this I before the dish was ready. The aromas exuded fried noodles, white rice with homemade ghee and roast of green beans made my taste buds literally tremble in anticipation of pilaf... Without a doubt, rest-pilov not only deserves attention, it will be cooked more than once. It is also interesting that cook can vary based on your own taste: vegetables, meat, chicken, nuts, fruits... don't be afraid to experiment!

RECIPE RISHTA-PILAF FROM AZERBAIJAN

What you need:
1,5 tbsp. fine vermicelli
1 tbsp. white long grain rice
ghee
lavash
100 ml
3 cups water (+100 ml)
1 onion
200 g frozen green beans
salt, pepper – to taste

How to cook Rista-pilaf from Azerbaijan:

1. Vermicelli and fry on a dry pan until Golden brown, stirring constantly.

2. Rice rinse well in cold water. Ideally, you soak it for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight in salted water and then cook. But to spend time on it – a luxury, so I ignore pre-soak: lay the rice in 3 tbsp. boiling salted water and cook on low heat. 2-3 minutes before ready add the vermicelli and mix well.

3. The bottom of the cauldron (or a large thick-walled pan) greased with ghee and covered with lavash (it is necessary to ensure that the rice does not burn). Put the rice vermicelli and pour the melted butter (3-4 tbsp) and 100 ml of water.

Close the lid, wrapped the inner side with a towel, which will absorb excess moisture, and put on a slow fire until tender (30-60 minutes depending on the size of the cauldron).

4. Vegetables will do it right before serving the pilaf. Chop the onion and together with the green beans and fry in melted butter for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Will not overdo the vegetables on the fire, they should remain juicy and crunchy.

5. Spread the rice on a dish, and top with beans and onions.

6. Rishta-pilaf from Azerbaijan ready!

Source: domashniy.ru/

Tags

See also

New and interesting