When I was in Poland, I fell in love with another man, and now I don’t know how to tell the whole family.

The decision to go abroad is often explained by the fact that they want to earn money and provide for their family. But sometimes it is an attempt to escape from a routine that you can not leave at all. This is exactly what happened to the heroine of our history. When she left, she realized she was unhappy with her life. Everything changed, she came home thinking, “I want to tell the truth!” But it wasn't easy.

Editorial "Site" She shares her story and asks you for wise advice.

I want to tell the truth! My story is simple and banal to the point of impossibility. I got married at 20. He was my neighbor, and we've been friends since high school. I thought he was my love for life. We had a baby right after the wedding.

When I was a kid, I didn’t have time to think about my life. But later I realized that I didn’t love my husband. He's a good man, but I don't even have anything to talk about. But my sense of responsibility didn’t stop me from leaving him. There was nowhere to go with the child. Then I decided that a quiet routine was better than the unknown.

The big changes were going on. The son grew up and married. They moved into a rented apartment. And my husband and I were all alone. And soon after, the war began. I'm out of work. When everyone started going abroad, I decided to go. I thought there was nothing to sit here and wait for the weather from the sea. It won't be easy to find a job. That's what I told my husband. He agreed that I should leave.

Thanks to my friend, I found a job in Poland. At first I worked hard and went on two shifts. Sending money to her husband and son. My husband was happy because the money was good. He never called me back.

A few months later I met a man there. We happened to meet and talk. You know, it was some kind of instant spark. We had such an affair with him... I have never experienced such emotions in my life. For the past six months, I have kept my novel a secret. But Ian recently told me to divorce my husband. He asked me to marry him.

I've thought about all this a lot. It became clear to me that I had fled abroad from my husband and tired routine. And I really don't want to go back there. I like this life. The person I love wants to marry me. I would even give birth to a child, because I am a little over forty.

So I went home to tell my family. I've been here a week. I haven't said a dozen words in that time. It is very difficult to talk, to report any such news. I want to tell the truth, but I don’t want to hurt anyone. What do they say? That I lost my mind when I was old. How do I say this? Is it even worth it? Perhaps not to go on about desires, but to continue to hold on to the family?

We think that a woman needs to be honest about everything. Of course, her husband won't like it. For 20 years she chose not herself, but life for others. Maybe it’s time to put yourself first and take this step. What do you think of that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting