For the first time since 2010, scientists have warned about the risks of using gel-varnish

Uncovered nailsMaybe it looks simple, but it's how you save yourself from another sore. More recently, it was revealed that the UV lamp for manicure causes DNA damage, as well as leads to other troubles. In this article, I will tell you about all the pitfalls associated with this important topic. If you are used to painting your nails, read it to the end!

I have not gone for a long time for a manicure to my master and do not cover my nails with gel-varnish. Just at some point I realized that I was tired of applying to the nail plate is unclear what materials and walk with this good on the nails for 3 weeks.

First, the coating grows quickly and does not look very attractive. Secondly, this manicure exhausts the nails themselves. Although I have not covered them with gel polish for more than six months, they still have not recovered and are not fully strengthened. Nails without gel polish look natural. It is enough to do a hygienic manicure, and if desired, you can cover them with ordinary varnish, which is not so harmful.

Covering nails with gel-varnish in beauty remains one of the most popular procedures for more than 10 years. However, this is not surprising, since such a manicure greatly simplifies the life of a woman. Nails for a long time look well-groomed, the coating does not break or get dirty. The nails grow evenly. What else does it take to be happy? I think I should stay healthy with all this. That's where the problems came in.

All the advantages of such a manicure are possible thanks to ultraviolet light, which emits a lamp for drying varnish. This light activates chemical components in gel polish, whereby it quickly dries and hardens.

It is no secret that tanning is dangerous to health. And sunbathe with the help of ultraviolet radiation and a time bomb for the body. However, before no one drew an analogy with this fact and UV lamps for drying gel-varnish. Fortunately, such a study has recently appeared.

Researchers from the University of California at San Diego studied in detail the principle of operation of devices for manicure. It turned out that UV lamps emit a different spectrum of ultraviolet light than lamps in tanning beds. However, both spectrums are carcinogens.

Scientists have concluded that regular use of such lamps for manicure can lead to changes in DNA and cell mutations.

At the same time, Californian scientists believe that this topic is not fully studied. And you can conduct a lot of scientific research to show whether the harm of UV lamps for manicure is really so strong. Anyway, we advise you to take this matter seriously.

Remember that manicure should be done in a checked place, where hygiene is not forgotten. I do not recommend going to the masters at home, because often there all hygienic standards are simply not observed. Lack of proper tool processing can lead to many serious problems. And you'll have to decide them by yourself.

If you decide to refuse to cover your nails with varnish in the salon, you will need our article on how to do a hygienic manicure at home. It's not complicated. And the savings are substantial!

Tell me, how do you feel about covering your nails with gel polish? Are you ready to give up this joy of life after reading our article on the California study?

Tags

See also

New and interesting