Grandson rushes to visit, already kneading the dough to make his favorite pies with peas

Fried pies with peas are a dish from childhood that can not be forgotten. My grandmother used to fry them every time I came to visit. Fragrance filling, lush dough ... What could be better? In addition, Grandma always generously put the filling to make it satisfying and tasty.

Today's edition. "Site" He wants you to learn how to make roast pea cakes.

Pea cakes The custard part of the dough
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 250ml boiling water

The bulk of the test
  • 250 ml of warm water
  • 1 tsp dry yeast
  • 4 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil

Filling ingredients
  • 2 tbsp dry peas
  • 5 tables of water
  • 3 bulbs
  • salt and pepper

Preparation
  1. Preparation should start with the filling so that it has time to cool. Even tonight. Cooking peas is a real art. So you have to do it right. First, flush it thoroughly. There is no need to soak and add salt. Just put it in the pot and cook it until it's ready. Salt can be added at the very end.

2. Onions grind and roast until golden. Salt, pepper and fried onions add to the pea puree. The filling is ready, let it cool.

3. Now let's make our custard dough. Mix sugar, salt, butter and flour for the custard part of the dough. After pouring it all in boiling water and mix it. Leave to cool to room temperature.

4. Meanwhile, mix the yeast with warm water. When the custard oil cools a little, add water with yeast to it. Mix the dough. Add the butter at the end. Mix the dough and leave it to fit for about 20 minutes.

5. Now we just need to shape our cakes. Divide the dough into 25 or 30 even pieces, make them balls. Leave them for 10 minutes. Then roll each piece of dough, put the filling inside and wrap it carefully. When forming cakes do not add flour, hands can be slightly moistened in oil. Then fry the cakes in vegetable oil. You can serve the table right from the pan!

These cakes with peas turn out very tender and lush. Sometimes I add dill to the filling to make it even more fragrant. You can try it, too. They can still be cooked in fasting, because peas are very filling. Of course, this dish is not for every day. What a treat!

Tags

See also

New and interesting