I bought a box of candy and went to my brother with a request, not the kind of conversation I expected.

Everyone has a different understanding of how relatives should behave towards each other. Someone in the family it is customary to give the last to a native person, while others do not help. The heroine of our story today about relatives decided that her brother would definitely help her. But it wasn't.

Editorial "Site" He tells you the story of this woman and asks you to judge who is right.

My mother told me from childhood that we should help each other. We grew up together and got along well. And I was sure we grew up with similar values. But recently I realized that everything is not what I thought.

My husband and I live modestly. Raising two daughters, living together in a two-room apartment. My oldest daughter recently got married. It is clear that there is not enough space in our two-piece for us and for a young family. So I started thinking about how I could help the kids get settled. They don't have a penny, they just graduated from university. And then I came up with an idea.

My brother Vitalik is a fairly wealthy man. He and his wife bought a luxury apartment in the center a few years ago. And their old two was empty. The only son went abroad and settled well there. They rent a two-bedroom apartment. So I thought, if they're selling to strangers anyway, they might be able to help their niece. That couple of thousand isn't money for them anyway.

On Sunday I bought a good box of candy and went to talk to my brother. For some reason I was sure that my brother would not refuse to let my daughter and son-in-law live in his apartment. When I arrived, my brother and wife were drinking coffee. They have cheese sandwiches for breakfast that I've never tasted. The price is so high that even watching is scary.

I told you without much preface what I came with. But I didn’t get the answer I expected. They almost unanimously said that it is not worth mixing family and money. They are not going to drive out the tenants. They took me out of the house without giving me coffee. And I was so hurt. As a child, I shared everything with him and protected him. And that's what he did to me. I don't understand how my mother's teachings made us such different people. They have everything, is it so hard to help me a little?

In this story about relatives, it is difficult for us to take sides. On the one hand, a brother could help a sister, because they are a family. But, on the other hand, we believe that the woman acted rather brazenly. I went to my brother’s house and started asking for something. Even if a couple thousand won't make the weather for them, they're counting on them. He doesn’t have to sacrifice anything for his niece.

What do you think about that?

Tags

See also

New and interesting