Instructions for preparing veal roll with cucumber

It is a tradition in my family to gather together at the same table on the Old New Year. We talk a lot, remember the pleasant moments of last year, share plans for the future, drink and eat deliciously. And the dishes on the table are different every year, but one delicacy remains unchanged. Czech roulette veal with bacon, omelet and pickles.

The recipe of this dish was inherited from my grandmother, who was born and lived for a long time in Karlovy Vary. Roulette is not easy to prepare, but if you tune in, do not hurry and do everything carefully, then it will work the first time.

A veal roll today's edition "Site" He will tell you how to cook. meatloaf With delicious bacon and cucumber stuffing. It's impossible to break away!

The ingredients
  • 650g veal
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 8-10 strips of bacon
  • 150g ham
  • 4-6 pickled cucumbers
  • 150 ml of water
  • salt, pepper to taste

Preparation
  1. To fill the roll, you need to prepare egg pancakes. To do this, beat 2 eggs with a fork. Heat the pan well, lubricate it with oil and pour it out. eggset. Roast the pancake on both sides. Of the remaining two eggs, fry another pancake.

2. Cut the ham with thin plates. If you have small cucumbers, you do not need to cut them. Large ones should be cut along, but not very thinly.

3. Any meat can be used for roulette. But it is the veal (cutting the whole) that is preferable. Cut the meat along the fibers into the right number of portions. Cover each piece of meat with a food film and beat it well with black pepper. You can also salt to taste, but keep in mind that the filling will be salted bacon, ham and cucumbers. Don't overdo it with salt!

4. Cut the entire surface of the meat with slices of bacon, then put egg pancakes. They can be cut into 2 parts for convenience. Place ham slices on top of the pancakes.

5. Step away from the edge of the cutting about 5-6 centimeters and put pickles in one row. It is important to lay them along the fibers of the meat. Start rolling the roll from where you left off. Lift this edge of meat, cover them with cucumbers and press it tightly.

6. Tie the meat blank with threads, and then roast the roll from all sides in a well-heated frying pan with butter.

7. Put it in the baking mold friedPour the same water, cover with foil and bake in a preheated to 180 degrees oven for 80 minutes. Periodically look and see that there is a little water at the bottom of the form, otherwise the roll will dry out.

8. Take the finished roll out of the form, remove the threads and let it lie down for about 15-20 minutes. Meat juice obtained during baking, pour into a saucepan and use as gravy. That's it, veal-roll Filled up. Bon appetit!

I also suggest you find out the recipe for a real Czech bublanina with apricots. Bublanina is a traditional Czech cake, resembling a charlotte, but in my opinion even more delicious. I make bublanine on cream, and I use apricots as a filling. You can make it with whatever fruit you have.

Roulette is very cut-out It's delicious. This dish will decorate any festive table and will not leave you or your guests indifferent! It goes well with sour stewed cabbage or rice as a side dish.

Tags

See also

New and interesting