Village recipe for squash salad for the winter, so cooked my grandmother

Squash season is in full swing. The pancakes are already fried, the stew is cooked, a million recipes have been tried. It’s time to prepare some of these vegetables for the future. My grandmother told me her recipe for squash salad. She's been cooking it for 20 years. It is not enough to say that they are delightful. Better try it yourself.

Today's edition. "Site" She shares an amazing recipe for squash salad. They're worthless in winter!

Squash salad recipe Ingredients
  • 1kg zucchini
  • 700g onions
  • 700g carrots
  • 100 ml of vegetable oil
  • 140g tomato paste
  • 3 tbsp vinegar (9%)
  • 25g salt
  • 50g sugar
  • green

Preparation
  1. Let's start making the salad. First you need to wash and dry all the vegetables. Then we cut the vegetables. Cut zucchini in large pieces, and onions in semi-rings. Sod the carrots on a large grater. Favourite shredded greens. I only take dill. If you like parsley, you can add it.

2. Next, roast the onions to a translucent state. Then add the carrots. Roast the vegetables for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and carcasses for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure it doesn't burn.

3. Then add the zucchini. Stir, add salt and sugar. Carcasses another 10 minutes under the lid.

4. Now add the greens, mascara for about 3 minutes. At the very end, add vinegar and tomes for another 2 minutes. Constantly stir and carcass vegetables on a slow fire. Don't let them burn, because then the salad will be bitter.

5. In pre-prepared and sterilized cans, put the salad. Stack it tightly in jars so that there is a minimum of air. Twisting the lids and wrapping until completely cool. Then you can move the preservation in a cool place.

This is a recipe for squash salad. Its main beauty is the ease of preparation. Grandma cooked 3 or 4 servings of this salad, until spring there were none left. There is nothing more beautiful than in the middle of winter to cook potatoes and open a jar of fragrant squash. A real taste of summer in the winter cold.

If you have not yet figured out what to cook from zucchini now, and not wait for winter, then we suggest frying lush pancakes. You can also easily make muffins from zucchini. Have you tried one? If not, then we highly recommend it. Have a good zucchini season!

Tags

See also

New and interesting