How to properly freeze zucchini for the winter

I love it. zucchini. In the summer I always tried to eat them to the dump so that in the winter I did not want to. For some reason, it never occurred to me that they could just be frozen and enjoyed all year round.

Freezing zucchini for winter This is much better than their conservation. So vegetables retain all the useful properties and they can be used in many recipes, and this makes the winter menu much more diverse.

Editorial "Site" I've prepared four ways to freeze zucchini for you.

Frozen zucchini Method No. 1 Cut zucchini in circles about 5 mm thick and lay them on trays covered with food film. Put trays of zucchini in the freezer until completely frozen. After frozen zucchini should be quickly folded into a package so that they do not begin to melt and wrap well, releasing all the air from the package. Then place the package with blanks in the freezer for storage.

From such zucchini you can prepare an excellent casserole or simply roast them in flour.

Method #2 Cut each zucchini in half, and then cut a little core from each half to make boats. Wrap the zucchini in portions in food film, wrapping each boat twice so as not to freeze with the others. Put it in a package and leave it in the freezer until winter comes.

Stuffed boats will be a great addition to any holiday table.

Method No. 3 Cut zucchini with medium-sized cubes, lay out on a tray lined with food film, and put in the freezer until completely frozen. Then just sprinkle everything into a bag and tie it up, releasing extra air. Put the bag back in the freezer.

This workpiece is universal. You can make a light diet soup or stew with it. Zucchini cubes can be stewed, fried, baked - you just have to give free rein to your imagination.

Method No. 4 Soot zucchini and their cores, which remained from previous blanks, on a large or medium grater. Slightly squeeze the juice and spread out in packages in portions of about 500 g. Then you need to roll up the packages so that they do not have air and put in one large package. Send the blanks to the freezer as needed.

Grated zucchini are just incredible vegetable pancakes, be sure to try to cook them!

Now even in winter you can easily cook zucchini in sour cream, bake zucchini with cheese or quickly make a delicious snack from grated zucchini.

Share an article with friends on social networks, so that they know how to keep vegetables fresh until the winter.

Tags

See also

New and interesting