On my husband’s birthday, all his relatives come together, even without an invitation, and I have to feed them.

Every year we celebrate the birthday of our husband at home with relatives. All sorts of relatives come to us. Some are even uninvited. And I have to feed them all, and even bed them (some come from another city) for the night. In fact, my husband and I are getting tired of it, so this year we decided to change our plans.

We are already so used to the annoyance of my husband’s relatives that, even without inviting anyone in advance, I spend at least two days in the kitchen. To prepare for a dozen hungry unexpected guests. Guests usually don’t pay for gifts. Their very appearance with us and the attention to the birthday boy for them is a decent gift.

There are guests all weekend, so my pre-arrival preparation doesn't help much. The whole time we have them, I have to keep running the kitchen and listen to their stories with a strained smile.

With each appearance of these guests, I am increasingly convinced that for relatives of her husband's name day just a reason to gather. Because apart from the usual congratulations and wishes of health, my husband no longer receives any signs of attention.

This year I decided to change my tactics. A week before my birthday, I called all my relatives and kind of casually said that this year we want to celebrate the holiday together. So I'm not cooking anything. I also hinted that if someone decides to come in, they should bring their own food.

She was the first to back off. She didn’t have time to cook, and they were invited by friends for the weekend. Then the other relatives disappeared from the horizon. Only my husband’s cousin and wife and children came to us with a cake.

Like I said, I didn't cook anything. We only had pizza and sushi. His wife was very surprised and asked what her children were eating. I said I didn't invite anyone. Accordingly, I did not cook anything. What her children eat is her concern.

Then the relatives got up and left. They took the cake with them. My husband and I just sighed with relief. It hasn't been so good for a long time.

Of course, after everything that happened, all my husband's relatives are offended by me. And he too. I'll say we're better off. Less guests, quieter life!

My husband’s birthday at home – was it worth it so long to endure the influx of relatives? Was the right way to get rid of guests chosen by the heroine? Why don’t some people wait for invitations?

Tags

See also

New and interesting