My husband works as a chef, evaluates the dishes I prepared, shames my family.

There is hardly anyone who likes it. criticism in his direction. Especially when it comes to a loved one criticizing your culinary talents. A woman is easily hurt. And when a young man or husband does, the resentment becomes even deeper.

The heroine of our new story Natalia was in a very atypical situation. She believes that her husband shamed her in front of all relatives during a family feast. What happened and why the couple quarreled, read further in the article.

My husband is a chef. He works in a prestigious metropolitan restaurant, colleagues respect him, and guests worship him. I always knew I wasn’t up to his level of cooking, even though I was trying to improve my skills.

Sometimes Sasha helps me, teaches some of her chips. But it's still not enough to be a top-notch cook like him. The husband sees through the food, realizing that she needs here and now. And I'm just wandering around in recipe lines, trying to grab the essence I don't feel.

Last weekend, our whole family came to visit us: they celebrated our small anniversary. I stood by the stove all day to cook a family dinner. My husband was on shift, so he couldn’t help me.

When we sat down at the table, everyone immediately began to eat. I saw that the guests liked everything. But my husband, instead of praising my cooking, shamed me in front of all my relatives. He started grading each of my dishes on a 10-point scale.

He literally ate and commented on the taste and aroma of each treat. For example, in lasagna he didn't like the sauce: "Honey, next time try to make it thicker." So far a solid seven! And that continued until the meals ran out. I was ready to fall through the ground!

A quarrel with her husband Thanks to relatives for missing the words of Sasha past the ears. Otherwise, I'd just cry and leave. When the guests went home, I told my husband everything I thought. And she said, Honey, you made dinner for the guests. If my guests at a restaurant comment on what I cook, I always listen to it!

It really pissed me off, ‘You’re not my guest, you’re my husband! And your harsh criticism hurts me and my feelings. Who do you think you are? A world-renowned restaurant critic? I want you to take off your masks at home, let alone behave in front of our relatives.”

You will never believe what happened next. My husband took offense at me! And so much so that he went to sleep with his mother. What a circus! He said I diminished his ability and potential by talking about restaurant criticism. I mean, isn't he so talented for this role?

We haven't spoken in days. My husband thinks I owe him an apology, but he sees nothing wrong with me. I don't know how else to explain to him that he's wrong. Maybe someone has faced such problems and will share some advice with me. I'm desperate!

Apparently, Alexander is a perfectionist, who does not benefit from this quality. People who demand perfection usually want others to meet their needs. So the harsh criticism of Natalia's husband is understandable. A man simply doesn’t see anything like that.

The problem is that he doesn’t even understand his wife. And when she began to defend herself, Alexander decided to become a victim and blame everything on his wife. Unfortunately, we are not ready to call this the act of an adult man.

Agree, in this situation it was possible to do without such harsh criticism and evaluation of the dishes of his wife. She didn’t ask her husband to do that. Secondly, it happened right at the family dinner, which was attended by the whole family. It's just not relevant!

I wonder what you would do if you were Natalia. Boldly share your ideas in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting