Nine famous chefs on the conscious attitude to food and tricks sports

Healthy lifestyle, sports and fitness, nutrition, detox and close attention to their health – trends of recent years, which affects all successful people. No exception, and stars of the gastronomy world for which the limiting yourself to eating becomes impossible because of the specificity of the profession. Well, as you can to perfect the recipe of a new dish without having tasted two dozen variations of it? With all this, most of the star chefs — people public for which perfect appearance is not less important than their culinary skills.

Trying to figure out how famous chefs manage to keep the number on the scales under control, we rasprosy nine chefs on a conscious attitude to food and tricks sports.

Daniel Holzman, chef and co-owner of the new York Meatball Shop

The first thing you eat or drink, waking up in the morning?

Cocktail with fiber.

Do you do fitness?

I do Brazilian JIU jitsu three to six times a week.

Was this year any new year's resolutions?

Yes, but unfortunately, I broke all a lot of money.

Have you ever been on a diet?

For fun, I tried a juice diet, and all over the fact that I lost weight, became a stunningly feel and have felt as much energy as I was before never!

Is there any food or drinks, the use of which you try to avoid?

I try to eat less meat. Basically, I eat fish and vegetables. I don't drink any bottled soft drinks, except water.

Did ever struggle with their weight?

This struggle is permanent.

How do you feel about fresh-squeezed juices?

I often drink juice in the morning, usually replace them lunch. I started with a cleansing juice diet, and it changed my life!

Jamie Oliver, star of the international culinary

I always start the morning with a Cup of tea to ease his awakening. Then, if I'm home, I cook Breakfast for his family, while his wife collects the kids to school. For Breakfast we usually have something simple, tasty and filling, such as scrambled egg on toast.

Do you do fitness?

Now I twice a week training with a trainer. Not easy to find time for it, especially when you have your business and family. But I understand how important it is to monitor their health, especially in adulthood. This year the fitness one of my priorities.

I think my desires and resolutions coincide with the desires of the bulk of men my age. I want to spend more time with his family, to be healthy and active!

Never. I don't think this is the right path to health.

I never drink fizzy drinks!

Yes, in the last five years I noticed that I need to do more to maintain optimal weight. When I was younger, I never had to worry about it. Now I have to pay more attention to this, and it's damn hard when you're the boss and there's always plenty of food!

I myself never was fond of Sookie, but it seems to me that in my office there are no women who would not be sitting at the moment on some juice fast.

Duff Goldman-chef, Charm City Cakes Baltimore

First thing in the morning I drink a glass of water and then a protein shake or green juice.

Do you do fitness?

I visit the gym five times a week. Every day I spend about an hour on cardio, hour on strength training and two to three times a week I box for half an hour.

I promised myself I would consciously relate to the food during the travelling. I noticed that it's easy for me to follow the diet and exercise when I'm home. But during trips, hotels and airports are becoming a strong food temptation.

Well, I don't know if this can be considered a diet, but I have a great juicer, and I continually make all sorts of juices.

I don't drink alcohol. I love beer, but stopped drinking it even after the first year in College.

Yes, I was involved in athletics since the second grade and continued to play sports in College, played hockey and lacrosse. But when gastronomy has become my permanent profession, and the daily workout has gone, I was rapidly gaining weight. I spent a lot of effort to return to form, and I had to completely rearrange my schedule to make time for a daily workout. It's hard, but it is impossible to change.

John Besh, new Orleans chef, restaurateur

I drink a Cup of Americano from good varietal coffee. If I have something to eat, it is usually portion of oatmeal. Usually, my normal morning involves cooking a hearty filling Breakfast for four sons, then I'm rarely hungry.

Do you do fitness?

When possible, I an hour or two ride on the bike. When this is not possible, I try to find time for 45-minute cardio workout on the elliptical.

My resolution included a paragraph about a more conscious relationship to food. The usual principle of moderation. Every year I announce a year of moderate power, but so far without much success.

Oh, no!

As possible, I try to avoid fried foods. But you know, being a chef....I don't eat many sweets, but my weakness is starchy foods and alcohol.

During service in the Navy I was really obsessed with his form. Now to say this about them. Probably, now I just begin to realize that I got serious about their nutrition and physical activity.

How do you feel about fresh-squeezed juices and the trendy juice diets?

The juice diet...sounds strange...would be better if they invented whiskey diet, that's it, I succeeded!

David Myers, chef of Los Angeles's Hinoki & The Bird and Comme Ça

I eat hard boiled eggs and make a smoothie out of raw oatmeal, Greek yogurt, blueberries and Chia seeds.

Do you do fitness?

Every day I run five miles three times a week in my crossfit training. In between I try to entertain yourself with something like surfing.

Eat more vegetables.

If abstinence from crappy food is considered a diet then Yes. Otherwise, not sitting.

In General I do not limit myself in eating, the only exception is fast food. But I still indulge myself with a Burger from time to time.

Every day I drink a green juice, and I like

Leah Cohen, chef and owner of Pig & Khao in new York

My morning starts with coffee, followed by cold-pressed green juice.

Do you do fitness?

I have a natural dependence on soul cycle! It is expensive, but every time after class I feel amazing. I also do Pilates.

I don't believe in resolutions... I consciously try to eat healthy always (except when I eat not at home, where it doesn't work). I love eating vegetables and, despite the fact that the menu of my restaurant lots of meat dishes, I try to reduce meat consumption.

I've tried no carb diet, but it wasn't the right fit. I love rice, white rice, and I can't live if I don't eat it at least 4 times a week.

I try to eat less dairy products. Management Asian restaurant contributes, in a very little milk.

Every day I struggle with my weight because I'm surrounded by food. I was not fortunate enough to inherit from his father a slow metabolism. Plus I love alcohol.

I love the juice! I drink at least one serving every day. I can tell you where to buy the most delicious juices, and I know a lot about them, because tried a bunch of institutions. One time I made the juices myself, but it was too tiring.

Michael Schwartz, winner of a James Beard Award, chef and restaurateur

A glass of water and a double espresso.

Do you do fitness?

Espresso immediately after I exercise, after which I make my smoothies with almond milk and butter, yogurt, coconut oil, flax seed and Chia, cherry juice, banana, spirulina, blueberry, whey protein, vanilla and pinch of salt.

No, because diets don't work.

I avoid food and drinks with high sugar content. Sugar and starch are themselves OK, but in very moderate quantities. You need to eat more often and small portions. Overeating is our real problem.

Yes, of course.

How do you feel about fresh-squeezed juices and juice diets?

Once I passed the 11-day juices fasting. But everything must be taken moderately.

Mark Murphy, a new York chef, restaurateur and a judge of the cooking show Chopped

I always start the day with a Cup of hot tea and banana.

Do you do fitness?

I try to go to the gym when I have time, which is very difficult with my busy schedule. Therefore, in everyday life I always walk, climb stairs and do a lot of walking.

This year I would really like to spend more time with his family and friends.

Carbonated soft drinks and soda.

Not really. I think we all have periods when you're in better shape than usual. But I've always managed to maintain your ideal weight.

How do you feel about fresh-squeezed juices and juice diets?

I never stick to juice fasts, when juices to replace real food. But in the menu of my restaurant has lots of fresh juices, and I'll be happy to drink them.

Mark Hicks, the London chef and restaurateur, owner of Hixter

The first thing you eat or drink, waking up in the morning? Usually in the morning, I prefer fresh grapefruit and espresso. I do not welcome hearty hearty breakfasts, because I have quite a lot there during the day, sampling dishes in the restaurant. Do you do fitness? In the morning I like to swim and I do Pilates. I also like to play Golf, try to do it as soon as I have free time. Was this year any new year's resolutions? No, I never have new year's resolutions. If I want to change something, I do it at any time of the year, not waiting for a special occasion. Have you ever been on a diet? No, I don't think diet benefit. Just need to build a healthy balanced diet, which from time to time there is a place and harmful, but tasty dishes. Is there any food or drinks, the use of which you try to avoid? I have high cholesterol, so I try not to use oil. In restaurants I usually ask to substitute the butter for canola if I order something that is usually prepared with the use of butter. How do you feel about fresh-squeezed juices? I like fresh juices. My favorite is orange, and at home I have a juicer. In the menu of my restaurant is fresh carrot, Apple and ginger juice, which we often use in the compositions of the cocktails.published

Source: steaklovers.ru/food/1175

Tags

See also

New and interesting