My husband doesn’t want to do anything around the house, I’m very tired.

As the practice of harmonious couples shows, the duties of spouses in marriage are divided not according to the established traditional vision of society, but by agreement. This happens in marriages, where the work of each spouse is valued by the other side and is divided not by common role, but by opportunities. In the pair of Oksana and Ignat, this balance has long been broken. As an adult man did not want to make efforts for the family. And Oksana got tired of it.

For more than 20 years, Oksana has had to watch the same picture: her tired husband on the couch in front of the TV. Of course, the place of honor of the square screen took a comfortable and compact laptop, but the essence of it did not change. Ignat always spent his leisure in this way, and nothing could move him.

For as long as Oksana remembered herself in marriage, Ignat was always tired. At the same time, his constant work was not very difficult, let alone highly paid. But it was enough to at the end of the day complain of extreme fatigue and fall on the couch waiting for dinner.

Peels Oksana worked, too. Her salary was even higher than her husband’s. Yes, she did not work physically because her work was intellectual. But this did not eliminate fatigue at the end of the day. She also wanted to sit on the couch and relax. However, this luxury was given to her only before bedtime, as all the time after work Oksana gave home, cooking and children. Ignata, despite all the requests for help, was never there.

After years of such a life, Oksana’s patience came to an end. One day, staring at her bloated husband in a horizontal position with a laptop on her stomach, Oksana suddenly decided she would do nothing more. And instead of going to wash the dishes, she fell into a chair and started reading a book.

It's been a day or two. Ignat noticed something was wrong only when the clean plates ran out. Of course, he was not going to wash dirty. After a while, Ignat suddenly found that the sinks and the toilet look far from presentable, and the pale layer of dust on the furniture was already visible to the naked eye. When the slippers began to stick to linoleum, Ignat's patience also came to an end.

Peels - Are you going to clean up or what? - he asked Oksana, who enthusiastically collected the puzzle.

- You don't want to do anything about it? You live here, too.

- I don't have time. I'm tired at work. Can't I just relax in my house clean and tidy?

- I'm working, too, and I'm tired. Do you think I want to rest clean and tidy, too?

- Oksana, I don't understand you. Well, clean up if you want cleanliness.

- I'm tired of you not understanding the basics! I want the two of us to support this order equally! I'm not your servant! If you want to clean your house, do something about it.

Oksana believed that this short but capacious conversation would push her husband to the right thoughts and desires. That he would have the idea that his wife needed help. However, the situation turned out in a completely unexpected way.

A few weeks later, Oksana caught Ignat putting things in bags. It turned out that Ignat can no longer live in this marriage. That he's gone forever and filing for divorce.

- I can't live in a house where I'm forced to do things I don't have to.

- Or rather, you don’t want to, chuckled Oksana. - Where are you going?

- I have a woman at work. She agreed to take me in for a while.

- Oh, good luck, then.

Peels By evening Ignat was not in the apartment. Oksana turned on the music and, to her surprise, reached for the rag herself to wipe the dust on the shelves. For the first time in many years, she enjoyed cleaning. For now she did it not because “every wife’s duty” but because she wanted order in a house where no one else was.

That evening, it seemed to Oksana that, along with the dust and dirt from the apartment, the last traces of long faded feelings and relationships with Ignat disappeared. And it gave her strength and joy. Oksana seems to have wanted Ignat gone for a long time. I was just afraid to admit it. Now, more than ever, she felt free and content.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? Uneven distribution of labor between spouses leads, if not to quarrels, then to hidden grievances and strained relationships. The duties of the spouses in marriage should be arranged in such a way that neither party feels deprived of rest or attention from the partner. This is the only way to live a long happy family life.

Tags

See also

New and interesting