I came back late, and my wife was like a lemon, gray with fatigue, I was pretty tired of it.

At the heart of any strong marital relationship are mutual respect, trust and love. In addition to this, there are also personal responsibilities of spouses, which create a balance in the “load” of partners. This allows you to feel equal in a couple and not offended by additional duties. Unfortunately, not all families adhere to this principle.

Victor and Irina Victor never regretted his decision to marry Irina. She was a gentle and kind girl who did everything possible for their overall comfort. She was one of those young wives who at marriage rushed to perform their female duties around the house in order to conform to the title of ideal wife.

When Victor came from work, he was always waiting for a fresh dish, cleanliness and comfort. At first, he could not understand how Irina managed to do all this after her work, and still remain so beautiful. In response to questions, the young wife only shrugged off embarrassedly as if she had just been complimented. Victor offered his help, but Irina said he shouldn't worry about such things. It's her job. Then Victor had no choice but to shrug his shoulders. He quickly got used to constant comfort.

After 2 years, a child appeared in the family. Irina was on maternity leave for only six months and agreed with her superiors to work at home. She was embarrassed that she didn’t bring any money into the house.

At first, Irina tried to keep the pace of life. Cleaning, cooking, work. But taking care of the child overruled the whole scheme. Sleepless nights and experiences affected the emotional state of Irina. She smiled little and no longer cared for herself, and she had to perform the duties of an ideal wife through strength.

One day, when she once again comforted his son, Victor returned from work and looked at his wife with anxiety. He saw that Irina was trying to achieve the impossible and repeatedly advised her to give herself a rest. But his wife didn’t want to hear him. Who will clean and cook if not her?

- Look, you definitely need to rest, Victor told her after dinner.

Peels - Yes, you're right. I was really tired, Irina nodded affirmatively. She barely held back her tears. - And I want to rest. I'm tired of being like this...

- What?

- Perfect. No matter how hard I try, I still fail.

- But I don't want the perfect wife. I need you. Honey, how do you see us going on a little trip and resting by the sea?

Irina nodded and hugged Victor.

- But I have one condition, he said. From now on, you tell me what to do around the house. I'll help you whether you like it or not. It's about the baby, too. Okay?

- Yes, Irina replied and burst into tears. She didn’t think she needed her husband’s support. Especially his help.

After all, she grew up with the idea that a woman should be responsible for all the most important things - this is how her mother and grandmother behaved. But she completely forgot that the essence of marriage is mutual support. Who does not need the support of the beloved?

Do you agree that the personal responsibilities of spouses should include equal requirements? Should Victor have insisted on helping his wife?

Tags

See also

New and interesting