Trying to fry less, but from “Kefir sticks” can not refuse, favorite family snack

Let's not scroll the news feed today and take a little break from the hustle and bustle of the world. I suggest pampering yourself and your family with a delicious and very simple dish. And it won't take long to cook. Homemade cheese sticks on kefir A great idea for a hearty lunch, dinner or just a snack. For example, I like to cook them and beat them by both cheeks while watching my favorite series. Perfect!

Homemade cheese sticks I loved this recipe because it is very simple. The dough is prepared quickly, and then the matter is small - fry cheese sticks and enjoy. I want to warn you right away that the dish is quite fatty, since the dough is fried almost in deep frying. But sometimes you can pamper yourself and home!

The ingredients
  • 250ml kefir
  • 100g hard cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 450g wheat flour
  • 10g baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt and sugar
  • green
  • vegetable-oil

Preparation
  1. First, beat your eggs in a deep bowl. A blender is not needed for this, it is enough to arm yourself with a regular fork. Then pour kefir into the eggs, add salt and stir. Then add the sugar and mix it up again.

2. Sodium hard cheese on a fine grater and add to the egg-kefir mixture. Greens (for example parsley) shallowly cut and also add to the dough. Combine all ingredients to a uniform state.
  3. Add flour and dough to the test: first with a fork, then with your hands. The dough will stick slightly to the hands - this is normal. In this case, you do not need to add more flour, otherwise the cheese sticks will turn out to be too dense.
  4. Form a ball from the dough and move it to the kitchen surface sprinkled with flour. Powder the dough with flour on all sides and roll it into a large square or rectangle no more than 1 cm thick. Next, with a pizza knife, if you have one, cut the dough into strips of the same length and width.

YouTube

5. In a large pan, warm up the vegetable oil. I did not specify the amount of oil, as it depends on the size of your pan. It should be enough to almost completely cover the cheese sticks. Roast all blanks on medium heat from 2 sides to gold. Finished sticks put on a paper towel to remove excess fat. Done! 199674

YouTube

If you do not like such fatty dishes, homemade cheese sticks can be baked. I think it will be enough only 15-20 minutes in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees. I advise you to grease each stick with a whipped yolk before baking. It will be no less delicious and aromatic!

Also on our site you will find many other variations of cooking cheese sticks. Here is the recipe of my colleague Anastasia Chubar. In it, chopsticks are prepared with the addition of butter. As a result, they are more crispy and hard.

Cheese dough on kefir is a universal basis for cooking different dishes. How to do it, you will know by link. I also suggest you make delicious fried cakes.

If you cook homemade cheese sticks according to this recipe, be sure to share the review in the comments. Bon appetit!

Tags

See also

New and interesting