Why is it harder to live with a poor man than with a poor man?

Very interesting and relevant question: rights of parents towards children. Obviously, starting from childhood, they are much more than at the age of young and adult. Why? Yes, because children become less dependent financially and everything changes places. For example, an adult son is already responsible for his father and mother and no longer has to obey their whims.

Whether it is right or not is not up to us. As they say, someone else’s family is dark. But what we can say for sure is that the situation within our reader’s family is rather unusual. And that's not the word. Just think about it, and this is the attitude towards your own son!

After a long relationship, Andrey and I got married. I don’t know what the catalyst was. Age, love or something, but I was ready to be an eternal civil wife. Don't get me wrong, 35 is age for a woman. Especially without kids. Although, they say, in Europe it is still considered almost youth.

The wedding was modest, only their own were invited. My best friends and Andrew's parents. But the celebration itself was successful, sin to complain. We paid for everything, and the guests, for obvious reasons, gave money. And yes, the wedding night was at his parents' house. We lived with them because we could not afford a rented apartment. Or rather, how. We tried to save money.

Even before the wedding, I noticed that my mother-in-law, despite her wealth, was a squishy person, even stingy. And not only to me, a stranger (although I did not consider myself such). A two-storey private house, a garage for two foreign cars, seems to have everything. At the same time, we only had our own refrigerator. All the rest of the space was considered master, and we had no rights to it. Just like the products that were there.

And once the husband, coming from work, “whistled” a couple of “alien” sausages. What then began? Her mother-in-law was so broke as if her house had been robbed. And she knew perfectly well who took those damn sausages. Her son, not me! Nevertheless, here she has to pay tribute, she personally made no claims to me.

It didn't last long. After 4 months, we decided to leave, despite the financial inconvenience. I had to stop, but it was impossible to tolerate this kind of treatment. In all the time I spent with my husband’s parents, I honestly never felt like a normal person. It was like being in a rundown community hospital, where the nurses look at you like you're nothing and don't pay any attention to your requests.

For a while everything was fine, and I even sighed with relief. But then I gradually began to notice some changes in my husband. He started asking me after work where the checks were for shopping at the store. The food I bought could have been cheaper if I had taken a few more stops on public transport and bought it in that store. If I'd followed stocks.

I've never really been a rich person. I am used to saving money, not being subjected to sudden purchases. But some of the reproaches of the husband were really a manifestation of dishonesty. What good, even make the bags wash several times. Do you think that's normal? I think not at all.

I don't know where he got that. You know how it feels to feel guilty about money. Or did he forget what he got from his mother for some sausages? Our family life cracked and we began to literally communicate through our teeth. The calmest thing I hear from my husband is deep, restrained sighs of disappointment.

I'm thinking of filing for divorce. It's hard to live with a poor man. But with the stingy, it's much harder. Think about it, people. And don't repeat my mistakes!

Tags

See also

New and interesting