When the guy brought me to meet his parents, his father drove me away without letting me on the doorstep, the reason I found out later.

Can it? father-mother affect the present and future of their children? We are convinced that this should not be the case. However, the story of Anastasia, today’s heroine of our new story, says otherwise. What happened and why the girl’s relationship is at risk, read more in the article.

Six months ago, I started dating a guy from my university. Artyom is 2 years older than me, this year he will finish his master’s degree. His intentions are serious, and I like that. I always dreamed of getting married and starting a family.

Only now I don't know if I should hope for an offer. Not long ago, a guy brought me to his house to meet his father. But when he saw me, he didn't even let me in. Just kicked it out! In tears, I ran home, and Dima came to me to explain everything, only the next day! His story brought me to a new hysteria.

“My father’s past is related to your mother. They met a year after I was born and my mom left. Dad didn't think he could fall in love again, but your mom turned his head around. And then she did. It turned out that she got pregnant from another. Thank you for admitting it right away!

Her father kicked her out, but he never forgot. Since then, he has been following her social media, watching her life. He's seen all your pictures since he was a kid. That's why he recognized you yesterday. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.”

I couldn’t believe my ears. I didn’t know what was going to happen: Your father’s past is not our concern. I'm sorry this happened, but I don't want to lose you.” Dima hugged me and said, “I understand you, but I don’t know what to do.” If I marry you, our families will have to get closer. But your father can't communicate with your mother or the father she cheated on him with.

Dima said for the first time about the wedding. I asked, “Did you want to propose to me?” He kissed me and said, Of course! That's why I wanted you to meet your father.” I was wondering what to do next. I didn’t want to lose Dima because of other people’s mistakes. So I said, I want to talk to your father. At least try.”

Dima agreed to arrange a meeting with us. But he didn't tell his father the truth, so he would definitely agree to come. I don't know if I can convince him, but I'm willing to try. We agreed to meet at a cafe. When Dima's dad saw me, he wanted to leave immediately, but Dima persuaded him to stay.

I explained to his father that I sincerely love Dima and would do anything to keep our relationship. It's not our fault that fate brought us together. Dima's dad listened carefully and said, "I don't want your mother to reappear in my life." She brought me a lot of pain, you know. If Dima really loves you, I'm willing to let him go. But we cannot communicate.”

I do not believe that Oleg Vasilyevich is ready to just give up his only son because of my mother. He made a tough choice that I don’t understand. Dima honestly admitted to me that he needed time. All I have to do is wait for his answer. I am afraid to imagine what the future holds for us now.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? This story shows that sometimes the pain brought by another person may not subside even years later. Father Dmitry had to survive the sudden departure of his wife and betrayal of his beloved woman. The way he treats his only son is selfish. He has the right to be happy with the girl he loves.

What choice do you think Dmitri will make and will he be able to reconcile with his father?

Tags

See also

New and interesting