I’ve lived in the suburbs for a long time, there is enough money, and every Christmas I aspire to my former mother-in-law to please her.

There are many stories where the relationship between daughter-in-law and father-in-law did not develop from the very beginning. However, sometimes it happens that the father-in-law and mother-in-law get along so well with the daughter-in-law that even in the case of divorce. father-in-law They are very close people to the young woman.

When Anton and I got married, we first wanted to rent a house. But my husband's parents insisted that we live with them in their big house. And there was really enough room for everyone there, Daria writes.

“At first I doubted whether it was right to live under the same roof as my father-in-law and mother-in-law. I hear it usually doesn't end well. My friends said the same thing to me. But soon all my doubts were dispelled, since my father-in-law turned out to be simple, understanding and very good-natured people.”

“Then I gave birth to a daughter, which my husband’s parents were very happy about. He was constantly disappearing at work, then with friends, so I could not cope alone. But the father-in-law and mother-in-law did not depart from me and Katyusha one step. They helped feed her, bathe and change clothes. And if I had to go on business, I always found time to look after my granddaughter, never refused.

“Later Katyusha went to kindergarten and I was able to go to work. But our relationship with Anton has completely broken down. He was no longer interested in my daughter, he didn’t even think about me. I could watch TV while I was pulling heavy bags out of the store. Good thing my father-in-law came out to meet me. Then my son reprimanded me for allowing me to carry weights, but Anton seemed not to hear.

“And then I had the opportunity to go to work abroad. Very far away, to Portugal. I understood that this was a great chance to grow professionally, earn money, try new things. But I couldn’t take Katyusha with me, and I was simply afraid to leave my daughter on my bad husband.

I shared my experiences with my mother-in-law, did not hide anything from her, told everything as it is. She spoke to her father-in-law and the next day reassured her: “Go if you want and if this is such a good opportunity.” There is no need to worry, my grandfather and I will look after Katyusha, educate, everything will be fine. Just call me more often.

“The father-in-law saw and understood that my marriage with Anton was bursting at the seams. They took my side and did not abandon my granddaughter. I knew that Anton's parents are very responsible people, so I really can not worry. So I decided to go.”

Since then it has been 7 years, I hold a good position, got married here in Portugal, gave birth to a son. She took her daughter two years ago. The husband treats Katya like a native, everything is going well.

“Nothing keeps me at home, but I can’t help coming at least once a year. I didn’t think it would happen, but every time I’m happy to go to Christmas. father-in-lawwho have become real relatives.

I choose expensive gifts and hurry to please these wonderful people. Last year we flew with Katya together, this time we are going too. I can't wait to hug them, Daria wrote.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? It is remarkable that Daria has developed a great relationship with her father-in-law, despite the divorce from their son. And this story proves that good people will always find common ground and help each other. It doesn’t matter if they are related or not.

Tags

See also

New and interesting