I look at photos of my sister who lives abroad, and I dream of such a life, but because of my husband, I do not shine.

Moving with children A husband in another country for permanent residence is a very serious step. You could even say decisive. After all, this means a break with most ties at home, a change of work, a change of environment. Political change and obtaining all necessary documents. Well, if there's something for, why not?

Fish seek where it is deeper and man where it is better. That's what Nikolai Ostrovsky said. And we basically agree with that. Why tolerate a place that doesn't suit you? In fact, it is the same for your family, your heirs. If you know something is wrong, just change the situation. It'll be easier. The only choice is where to go?

My biggest desire in this life is to leave the country. Yeah, classic, Europe. More specifically, Germany. I do not need to be frightened by the situation, crises, the German past and European laws. Don't do that. At home, I can't reveal myself as a person. As a professional and as a parent. I fear for the future of our family.

My husband’s salary is falling every month. And not in the sense that it is given less, but because prices are rising, literally, every day. Buying fresh products from at least the middle category is becoming harder and harder. It is possible to go on vacation only if you tighten your belts well before that, and children do not buy new toys. Like that.

But you also need to help parents, make some savings for a rainy day, repair the house, upgrade the car. No matter how you spin, nothing works. I don’t think things will improve in the foreseeable future.

My sister wasn’t afraid at the time. Met a German, dated, married and flew to another foreign country. Don't think she didn't even become a housewife. He works in the office, but like everyone else. He has an excellent salary and travels south. And for the needs of the family, she gives about a third of the salary. That's what they agreed. Everything else is at her full disposal.

They have a nice house, a car. There is no clinic they are assigned to, but there is a family doctor they pay. And, you know, I think it's even more comfortable. No queues, no quarrels with other visitors. But there is an attentive attitude and a human approach to things.

The children go to a private school. With classmates sometimes there are some problems, but by our standards, these are small things. Do you remember how students fought and threw stones at each other when we were young? That's the problem. And in Germany, you can be brought to the headmaster even if you call an obese girl some bad word. They're watching it.

My husband works as a driver. Often he also has to load goods, deliver some documents and make similar instructions. But he gets paid to drive. Here. And my sister says it's unacceptable. Like, his boss has to pay for every extra task, and very good. At least in Europe it is. Otherwise they'll sue.

And the attitude there is more human. A smile does not cause aggression. Adults can commute to work by bicycle and no one will call them beggars, no laughing. Prices for food, as I learned, are the same as ours. Some positions may even be cheaper. But in terms of the quality of these products, we are far behind.

My sister and my husband are calling us. Help with documents and accommodation for the first time. I remember from school that German was easy for me. I'll catch up. The kids, again, don't mind. They say they can rebuild without any problems. I even downloaded a few movies with German subtitles. I'm all excited.

Husband problem. He doesn’t want to go to another country. He says roots. You don't choose your home or anything. But if we're not doing well here, why not try somewhere else? Again, we won't lose anything. Just because we have nothing to lose. Sell the apartment and withdraw those pennies from the bank account. Okay.

According to her sister, in half a year we will be thinking about our risks and laughing. She says she didn’t know for a long time what kind of money she was holding. The first salary was a shock. Nothing, then I got used to it. And although we receive rubles in thousands, they are painfully quickly spent.

My mother-in-law doesn't like my idea either. He does not want to let his son and grandchildren go. He says we belong here. If I want to leave, I can fly to Germany right now. But without a husband and children. Like, I'll work and send money here. Great plan.

I don't understand how you can be so unwilling to change your life for the better. It is clear that there is no decent future for us. And then what, live on a poverty pension and ride a tram for free? At 5 a.m., to get to the market, buy the freshest potatoes? I don't want that. How do you convince your husband to move? I feel like after that my life will change for the better.

Tags

See also

New and interesting