How to make a cake without flour

Yesterday my husband and I were at a party, where they promised us a delicious dessert. Seeing on the table cakeThe one my grandmother always cooked me said, "Flying?" But the friend proudly said, “You’re the Senator!”

DepositPhotos

Flight cake. The name didn't bother me much. I already mentally put a piece of cake on my plate and imagined how the spoon falls into the gentle waves of cream, cracking with crunch. airbag And he's back in the cream. And now, the conversation is over, the tea in the cups, the cake I have. But where are the fragments of the meze, fragile and weightless, where is thick cream and crispy nuts? Margarine and rancid peanuts left an unpleasant aftertaste.

At home, I decided that I would invite a friend to visit and show her how it should be. The real Flight.Or "Senator," as she used to call him. And to protect you, dear reader, from tasteless shop sweets, I share a proven recipe for a brilliant air dessert.

DepositPhotos

Two types of cream can be used for this cake. The first option is condensed, the second is original, according to GOST.

Corge ingredients
  • 5 egg whites
  • 250g sugar
  • 15g vanilla sugar
  • vinegar

In the protein meringue, you can add crushed nuts - peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts. But I like it better when it's on top of the cream.

Ingredients for fast cream
  • 150g of any nuts
  • 300g condensed
  • 220g butter
  • 15g vanilla sugar

Ingredients for cream according to GOST
  • 1 yolk
  • 200g sugar
  • 0.5 cups of milk
  • 220g butter
  • 1 tbsp cognac or rum
  • 15g vanilla sugar
  • 150g of any nuts

In this recipe, I suggest making a cake from individual air meringues. They are quicker to bake and the cake looks original. If you do not have a pastry syringe or do not make beautiful pyramids, do pair on parchment paper and bake for 1.5-2 hours at a temperature of 100 degrees. Look at the other details of the preparation.

Preparation
  1. To prepare a good meringue, remember two tricks: the proteins must be chilled, and the form in which you whip, you need to wipe with a napkin soaked in vinegar.

2. Beat the proteins with a mixer at maximum speed, adding sugar in small portions. Put the thick foam in a candy bag.

3. Cover the batter with parchment paper and squeeze the protein dough on it in small portions. If you have a small oven, you might need two vipers.

4. Bake meringue at a temperature of 100 degrees 1.5-2 hours.
  5. To prepare a quick cream, mix the oil with vanilla sugar and whip the mixer to increase in volume. Then slowly add condensed, without stopping whipping.

6. Cream according to GOST is more difficult to prepare. Mix the yolk with the milk. Add the sugar, stir, put on a very slow fire and bring to a boil. Keep stirring! Cook 2-3 minutes before thickening. Then get off the fire and let it cool. Meanwhile, mix the butter with vanilla sugar and slowly add milk cream to it. At the end, pour cognac or rum. You can add crushed nuts to the cream.

7. Nuts for cake is better to pre-dry in the oven or roast in a pan, and then grind, but not too fine.
  8. You can form a cake immediately on a plate, and you can in a detachable form, covered with food film.

9. At the bottom of the form, lay out a little cream and carefully place a layer of meze. Lubricate it with half the cream and sprinkle half the nuts. Then repeat the process: meringue, cream, nuts.

10. Decorate the cake with meringue crumbs and nuts to your taste.
  11. Send dessert to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (preferably 6-8). Before serving, carefully remove from the form. Bon appetit!

While the cake is in the fridge, take your mind off household chores. Watch one of the interesting series that change the worldview, or read a book. It is very important to be able to relax, be alone with yourself.

Try to make a Greek cheese cake - tiropita. If you bake it in the evening, it is perfect for breakfast or as a dense snack at lunch.

I wonder how yours turned out. Flight cake at home? Share your results with us in the comments. Write what was and what was not so good, try to understand the problem.

If you like the recipe, show it to your friends.

Tags

See also

New and interesting