How our mother-in-law's food ruined our whole family holiday by the sea

What could be better than seaside? And your house on the beach has become a dream of many people! If there is an opportunity to go on a trip to enjoy the sea beauty, the solution is one: you need to go. Only here the long-awaited trip can easily spoil your beloved relatives. It is in this situation that the heroine of our new story Maria found herself. What happened and how the woman solved the problem, read further in the article.

This year my husband persuaded me to rest near the sea with his relatives. The fact is that we are not going through the best of times. We don’t have the money for a full vacation. But I didn’t really want to go with my mother-in-law. I knew I would have to spend money anyway.

Antonina Petrovna and Igor Nikolaevich have been living by the sea for many years. They have a large house, part of which they rent out in the summer. Just before we arrived, they vacated one room to make us comfortable. We had our own shower and toilet and even a separate entrance. At first I was fine until it came to eating.

Upon arrival, we sat down at the table: my mother-in-law prepared many delicious dishes. In the morning, Antonina Petrovna invited everyone to the table and served yesterday’s heated dishes. To be honest, I really wanted to make some fresh omelet or regular porridge. But my mother-in-law wouldn’t let me into her kitchen: “Where am I going to go?” We're not in a restaurant, we're gonna eat! ?

Don't think I'm picky. All the food smelled very unpleasant. So much so that there was no appetite at all. At lunch, my mother-in-law prepared a couple of new dishes. And for dinner served everything left from breakfast and lunch. And that nasty smell again!

Rest near the sea I still managed to sneak into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and understood. All the shelves were filled with pots without lids. Of course, all the smells mix, and the food becomes tasteless.

I decided to talk softly with my mother-in-law. She said you could put food in containers. So it will take up less space, and the smell and taste will not change. It's so simple! But in response, I heard that I had no right to give unsolicited advice and host in someone else’s kitchen. Who would doubt...

Throughout the following week, history repeated itself. In the end, I could not stand it and asked my husband to prepare a fresh barbecue. The most interesting thing is that the father-in-law supported my proposal. But the mother-in-law made a scandal: “What barbecue?” You don't have money, you said. Why buy fresh meat when we have a lot of food in the fridge? If you want, I can get chicken out of the freezer! ?

In general, we did not listen to Antonina Petrovna. We cooked juicy meat with my husband and had a great dinner with the whole family. The children and father-in-law were delighted. Only my mother-in-law got water in her mouth: she didn’t say a word during dinner.

I knew there was a whole week of rest ahead. But to tolerate cooking mother-in-law simply could not. So she asked her husband to talk to her. He suggested that I cook for everyone at least once in a while. But Antonina Petrovna was adamant: “Why should I let someone into my kitchen?” You hurt me by going to the cafe and buying your own food. Am I that bad at cooking? ?

To prove something to this woman was useless. So my husband and I decided we had to leave. In order not to offend relatives, we said that my husband was urgently called to work. On such a sad note ended our holiday near the sea. I'll never sign up for that again!

Experienced wives will say that arguing with their mother-in-law on any issues is often useless. If she is sure that she is right, it is pointless to waste time and try to convince her. In that case, Maria did the right thing and left. It’s much worse to just sit there and tolerate something that makes you uncomfortable. Agreed?

What would you do in the place of the main character of the story? Boldly share your thoughts in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting