Recipe for an eggplant snack with garlic

My mother has a tradition - every year in mid-July she goes to Odessa to see her school friend Sophia. I used to visit her when I was little. Aunt Sonya is a truly extraordinary person: very hospitable, versatile, cheerful and interesting, and she also prepares the most delicious snack in the world - Hacilim.

Hacilim is the Middle East. eggplantIt is very popular in Israel and the Middle East. In fact, it is puree, only not from potatoes, but from eggplant, in a wonderful combination with onions, garlic and sesame, seasoned with olive oil.

DepositPhotos

And while the season of this vegetable has not passed, I try to use it as much as possible in cooking. Today's edition. "Site" Asks you to find out the recipe yourself. hacilim. The best thing you can do with blue!

DepositPhotos

Snack ingredients
  • 3 large eggplant
  • 1 bulb
  • 0.5 lemons
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 4 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
  • salt, pepper to taste

Sesame paste ingredients
  • 100g sesame
  • 3 tbsp olive oil

DepositPhotos

Preparation
  1. Wash the eggplant. Make many punctures in them with a toothpick, then wrap the eggplant in foil and cook on a grill for 20 minutes until they are soft.

2. If you don't have a grill, you can cook vegetables in the oven. Baking eggplant at a temperature of 220 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

3. Ready eggplant peel off the skin, drain the juice and place the pulp in the blender bowl.

4. Finely chop the onion and roast it to transparency, then add to the eggplant.

5. Squeeze the juice of lemon, pass the garlic through the press or finely cut and also add to eggplant. Sprinkle and taste a lot. Hit the finished mixture with a blender. It is not worth zealously, you need to achieve the consistency of light whipping. And, of course, large pieces of eggplant should not be either. They grind very quickly.

6. Now we turn to the preparation of thina (sesame paste). Sesame is slightly roasted in a pan, then pour it into a coffee grinder and grind to a state of fine gruel.

7. Sprinkle crushed sesame in a convenient container and mix with olive oil. The finished thina should have the consistency of thick sour cream.

8. Mix the eggplant mass with the sesame paste. You can serve a traditional Israeli snack in a warm or cold form, but always with cakes or toast.

Editorial advice I also suggest you learn another first-class recipe for an eggplant snack. Eggplant mini-pizza is a real fat burner: the more you eat, the more active the process of losing weight occurs. Not a dish, a miracle!

As you can see, hacilim It's very easy. And even though it is not very attractive in appearance, believe me, this dish is very tasty, especially with fresh pit and vegetables.

In a blessed country, they know what the taste of life and the taste of real food are! In addition, this snack can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Bon appetit to you and your friends! Don't forget to show them the recipe.

Tags

See also

New and interesting