Why you should sit on the floor more often

“As a child, I often had to be scolded by my grandmother for sitting on the floor. She always told me it was bad for my health and told me to move to the sofa or chair. It turns out that they scolded me in vain, because, sitting on the floor, I, on the contrary, strengthened my health! – says our reader Julia.

The benefits of sitting on the floor are confirmed by many experts in the field of medicine, as well as those who are professionally engaged in yoga.

Editorial "Site" I found out exactly how his habit of sitting affects a person, and hastens to tell you how to sit to improve your health and, accordingly, quality of life.

Experienced yogis advise at least at home to move from chairs, sofas and chairs to the floor. Watching TV, reading a book or doing needlework is better, sitting on the floor with a straight back and crossing your legs. For greater convenience, you can lean against the wall. If the back muscles get tired, you can also afford to periodically relax and round your back, but then you should straighten it again.

So you can strengthen your back muscles and stimulate them. hip health Forcing them to take an unusual position and become more mobile. Also, this situation helps to improve the condition of the pelvic organs, which is also important.

Home yoga classes It is very useful for the back and spine of a person. This is said not only by practicing trainers, but also by experienced neurosurgeons and orthopedists.

Of course, each person requires an individual approach. If it comes to the treatment of a certain disease with the help of yoga, then you should not choose asanas to perform yourself, you must first consult your doctor.

However, when it comes to prevention, there are a few simple exercises that can do absolutely anything. For example, exercise “Butterfly” is one of the best options. It does not require any effort, but at the same time has a very beneficial effect on the state of our body.

You can also try to perform a popular pose among yoga lovers called Vajrasana. Staying in this asana should be comfortable and easy. If you feel any tension, taking such a position, then it is worthwhile just sitting on the floor with crossed legs.

After performing the exercises, it is recommended to massage the feet and ankles, and then return to the chosen position. In general, such gymnastics will not take more than 10 minutes, but with its regular performance, you can make a huge contribution to your health.

Earlier, we have already written what other exercises should be performed for the health of the lower back, as well as what exercises should be done to gain a harmonious figure. Watch yourself and share useful information with friends in social networks.

Tags

See also

New and interesting