Why Leo Tolstoy wrote that only sweet Ankov pie is stronger than rock

What if you combine your love of literature and cooking and cook? fatty? Leo Tolstoy once wrote, “What is stronger than death and fate?” Sweet Ankov pie! The sacred dish in Yasnaya Polyana was the so-called “Ankov pie”, or “Anke pie”.

The name “Anke Pie” appeared thanks to the family doctor Nikolai Anke, who shared his culinary secrets with the Tolstoys. This dessert Lev Nikolaevich especially singled out, and the wife of the classic kept his description, and then passed on to Sophia Andreevna, who described it in his personal cookbook.

Today's edition. "Site" will provide instructions for preparing the same pieThe one Tolstoy loved so much. Namedays without Ankovo pie are the same as Christmas without a tree, Easter without rolling eggs.

Fat Pie Ingredients for dough
  • 1.5 tbsp fatty sour cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 150g liquid honey
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2.2 tbsp flour
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 200g butter
  • 0.7 tsp soda
  • 50 ml of water
  • 0.5 tsp salt
  • lemon-curd

Cream ingredients
  • 3 lemons
  • 4 eggs
  • 100g butter
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar

Preparation
  1. In sifted flour add butter, 3 yolks (proteins are not needed) and vanilla. Instead of the pod will fit and the usual powder from the package. Also add sour cream, liquid honey and sugar, salt and soda. Stir well, add water and mix the dough. The dough should be malleable.

2. The dough is divided into two parts. The first part is laid out in the form, without forming sides. Bake in a preheated to 180 degrees oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges become golden. It is important not to hold the crust, otherwise it will become tough. Do the same with the second box.

3. For filling, rub 1 lemon peel. Squeeze the juice from two lemons. By the way, Sophia Andreevna had different proportions: she used the peel of 2 lemons and the juice of 3 lemons, but, in my opinion, it is too lemony.

4. In a large bowl, pour sugar, add butter cut into pieces, 2 whole eggs, peel and juice. Place the bowl on the water bath and hold it for about 15 minutes, stirring periodically. The mass must become like cream.

5. The first cake is lubricated with half a lemon cream, put a second cake on it and distribute the remaining cream over it. Chill the cake, and then put in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or even overnight, so that it is well soaked. Before serving, decorate the cake with lemon peel.

6. That's it, lemon pie ready. Bon appetit!

I also suggest you learn how to make a fragrant lemon pie on kefir. This pastry fills the whole house with warmth and pleasant sourness, emphasizing the hospitality of the owners!

I baked Tolstoy's cake many years ago, and I liked it, my parents and my husband's parents. The spouse is not at all lemon-loverThis is why tradition has not stuck in our family.

I wonder if you and your family will like it. Write your feedback on this recipe in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting