Should you let your mother-in-law host your dacha?

If it falls, it will fall. You don’t know what to do with this inheritance. Perhaps this situation happens to many. I left, say, my grandmother after a few thousand dollars, and you realize that still they are not particularly dispersed. That's it. surprise.

Editorial "Site" He does not have much to do with inheritances, but the story can tell about it very much. As if nothing remarkable, but we are sure that many people face this. We know that because of inheritance, close relatives become enemies. But this is a slightly different situation.

I am an old man, thank God, raised a son and was able to let him out of the nest. He's a good boy, he found the same girl, they got married. Soon I had my granddaughters. Where to go, invited them to come to us, so as not to spend money on a rented apartment. I have two-bedroomSo we're all set up.

The parents of the daughter-in-law are also poor, live in a one-room. We tried to give them our apartment, but there was nowhere to go. So for now. Mary inherited an inheritance from her grandmother. There's not much, about six thousand dollars. That's how much Grandma kept secret from everyone. Saved on myself, of course.

What do you do with that money? You can't really buy anything for them, there is definitely not enough for an apartment, for a mortgage, the income is small, and if interest-bankWhat if you lose them altogether? So we thought for a long time what to do with them, and finally we got to one option. In fact, I really liked the idea.

The little house looked at a piece of land. Not in the suburbs, further, you need to get by train, and then also by bus. But that's a small thing because my son has a car. Another thing is that he is busy all the time, working, you can go only on weekends. So they decided to buy this place. There's a nice house there.

I went with them and thought that, they say, always dreamed after I retire, to move to such a house. Quiet, peaceful, garden. I'd be quietly picking up there and not disturbing the children. The house is small and old, but good. A small family. It may well live, but for one so luxury.

I imagined how I would plant a flower bed there, grow seedlings. The greenhouse has already presented a small one. There is, thank God, water in the well, but is that a problem? And let the young stay in the apartment, in the summer they will come to me, leave my grandson. Perfect!

She told her son about everything, and he certainly does not mind. But you still have to talk to Mary. She's got the keys, and she's got the dacha on her. I didn’t see it as a problem, I have a good relationship with Mary. At the dinner table, I made her an offer. I move to the country, put everything in order there, they come when they want, and I can move to the apartment for this time. Don't get in the way.

What a surprise I was when Mary turned me down. She argued that there is no need to do anything there right now, and you can postpone it for a year or two. The house is strong, it will stand. And you, Zinaida Alexandrovna, we need you here now. Don’t think about it, but I won’t give you the keys yet. Excuse me.

Of course I was taken aback. I didn't think our Masha was such an enterprising girl. On the one hand, I was flattered that she appreciated my care, and on the other hand, I didn’t like that she so simply destroyed my air castle, which I built and had already tasted my sweet dreams. But what do we do now? Is it worth trying to convince Mary? ?

From the editorial board, we would still think of a mortgage. Although with such a sum of bondage, apparently, inevitable. Well, it's a dacha! Zinaida Alexandrovna want to achieve theirs, and it seems to us that Masha will change her mind a little later. And while the baby is small, second-hand It doesn't even hurt. You think something's wrong here? Then argue in the comments!

An unexpected inheritance Sometimes like snow on your head - more problems than positive. But, of course, it's like that. In any case, support will never be superfluous. Read our article on why billionaires don’t want to leave their money to their children. Thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting