Celebrating your birthday in the summer was not the best idea.

What could be more beautiful than summertime? Any feast in nature is a rest for the soul and body. Only now it happens that even the most long-awaited holiday can spoil something or someone. A daughter-in-law, for example. At least that's what the mother-in-law of today's heroine thinks. But as it really was, read further in the article.

Last Sunday my mother-in-law had a birthday. She turned 60 years old, and she decided that the anniversary should be celebrated in the country. Like, where in the summer without a lush feast? I just didn’t want to go anywhere. I'm sure things would have gone better without me on this holiday.

I was looking for reasons to stay home. My husband and other relatives told me that it would not be good for me. If you're invited, we should go. I can’t say I have a bad relationship with my mother-in-law. Her behavior sometimes surprises me.

The fact is that Antonina Grigorievna loves to brag about what a wonderful granddaughter she has. She is very proud of her, because our Mashenka at the age of 4 already knows all the letters, and knows how to count, and can tell many poems by heart. This is the result of the way my husband and I deal with the child.

But the merit of the mother-in-law in this absolutely not. She meets her granddaughter no more than 3-4 times a year. In summer she is busy in the country, and in winter you need to meet with friends, tie socks, raise pictures. In general, there is simply no time for Mashenka.

But Antonina Grigorievna tells her friends and neighbors that she sees her every day. And you know how? Video link! What progress has been made, as they say. The husband calls his mother every night and calls Mary to the phone. Here you go!

Only I think it's not normal. A grandmother should be a little more interested in her granddaughter and take part in her upbringing in real life rather than online. So I don't want to go to the dacha so as not to see this show. But there are other reasons.

I just don't like this damn dacha. There is no comfort, not even hot water! In order to wash dishes, you must first warm the water or fiddle in a basin with ice water from the well. Not the most enjoyable thing to do, I'll tell you.

But the mother-in-law doesn't bother at all. She is just crazy about her dacha and is ready to spend all summer days there. From home for her birthday, she brought a family service, a bunch of other dishes, a tablecloth, hand embroidered napkins and other things that do not belong in the country.

More than 20 people came to the party. My husband and I gave my mother-in-law an envelope of money and a bouquet of flowers. Everything went smoothly, until at one point Antonina Grigorievna called me to the summer kitchen: “Marina, please wash the dishes.” There are not enough plates and I have already put the kettle on the cake.”

No way! I'm not going to mess around in cold water. I have spoken to my mother-in-law on this subject many times. She knows how I feel about this country and the conditions in which I have to be here. My refusal Antonina Grigorievna took with offense. Moreover, she complained about me to all the guests, and in the end the dishes were washed almost everything. Circus!

My mother-in-law hasn't spoken to me since. She thinks I embarrassed her in front of the guests and ruined her birthday. I should have never gone anywhere!

It is obvious that Marina has been accumulating resentment against her mother-in-law for a long time. She does not like the fact that a woman does not show interest in her granddaughter. Therefore, any small thing (including washing dishes in cold water) can bring the heroine out of herself. In her place, we would just talk to Antonina Grigorievna and build personal boundaries. Perhaps the mother-in-law just doesn’t understand what the problem is.

What would you do in a situation like this? Boldly share your point of view in the comments!

Tags

See also

New and interesting