How to dissuade a daughter from giving birth to herself

Can I have a baby?If your loved ones don't? At first glance, it seems that relatives should not have a say in this matter. After all, such a serious decision is usually made by spouses. But in life there are very non-trivial situations when much depends on relatives. How this is possible, read further in the article.

My daughter is 32 years old and still lives with us. No, no, my husband and I don't mind that. However, Tanya recently said that we need to have a serious conversation. “I want to have a baby. Time goes by and I'm not getting any younger. In a few years, getting pregnant will be even more difficult, and I really want to take care of someone, Tatiana said.

The news made me so sick that my eyes turned dark. Imagine what awaits us. The child has not yet been born, but it is already clear that he will grow up without a father. Who wants that?

My daughter never wanted to have a relationship with a man. She is a quiet and calm girl, works from home and does not go anywhere. He watches movies and reads books. Tanya communicates only with her friend Sveta, who occasionally comes to visit us. My daughter never really had a boyfriend.

Her friend told her to give birth. I already have two of my own kids. Sometimes Tanya even babysits them. One day I heard Sveta say to Tanya, “Look, what are you waiting for?” There are so many ways to get pregnant on your own. Yes, it's expensive, but it's worth it! Wait a few more years and it will be too late!

Since then, Tatiana has not been herself. I don’t know where this adventure came from. It's not a joke! To have a child, you need to mature and sincerely want it. Why doesn't she think about the future? I know exactly how this will end in the end. She's gonna give birth and hang the baby on my dad and me. We're not young people anymore.

I don’t want to live in constant stress, get up at night from children’s screams, change diapers and so on. That's what parents should do! Tanya calms me down, they say, no need to worry, no need for help. I know that’s not true because we live under the same roof.

I have neither the strength nor the desire to raise a baby. That's not why I've been working like a damn for most of my life. I want a quiet and peaceful old age, I want to live for myself. But the daughter doesn't understand. She's stubborn, like her father! He decided not to take sides in this conflict. He said he always wanted to be a grandfather.

I don't know what to do. I can't stop an adult daughter from getting pregnant. I cannot and do not want to get her out of the house either. Moreover, part of the apartment belongs to her by law. I have no idea who I can consult on this. What should I do?

From the editorial office, the situation is indeed unusual and complex. On the one hand, the heroine of the story cannot forbid her daughter to have a child. On the other hand, a woman can be understood, because she is already in adulthood and has the right to a calm and quiet old age.

This problem can be solved by talking to your daughter again. You need to understand how serious her intentions are. After all, children are not just a big responsibility, but also a large-scale financial investment. Perhaps Tatiana should move and live apart from her parents. Then you can think of children. What do you say?

What would you do in the place of the main character of the story and what advice would you give her? We look forward to your comments below!

Tags

See also

New and interesting