Why do people give away promises left and right, but do not keep them?

Any relationship with the closest person, mother, is not easy. No, it happens that everything is perfect, but I have personally seen this only a few times in my life. In general, of course, people are different and stories with not the happiest ending in the world abound. What are they worth? promiselessIt's what my mother gives me.

If this happens in childhood, then the child is guaranteed psychological trauma, because relationships are often built on trust. What if it happens in adulthood? Not so long ago, the editorial board "Site" I have read an interesting letter from my subscribers. We don't know how to react. Why don't you tell us?

Empty promises, “Honestly, this is not the first time.” I'm thirty-five now, and my mom still acts like I'm just in first grade. I can’t get used to this thing – she always promises with three boxes, and then does nothing, as if it’s not about her at all. You can't or don't want to, why do you promise?

When I ask a question, they say, what? Did you promise me and my husband a million rubles as a gift at our wedding? It all comes down to “I don’t owe you.” I'll tell you what happened. She had this money on an emergency deposit, and Valera and I got married. She promised us, and then she said, “Let’s have two months.” We agreed.

In principle, we needed this time to think about how to use this money. Valera wanted to buy a car, and I dreamed of my family nest. We were just thinking about it out loud! My parents heard that my father decided to give us his car, so that we still look towards our apartment.

Mom, you promised And here we went these two months, watched, chose, and in one of the new buildings already gave a deposit, we knew that there was a promised million. And then two months later, it turns out that my mother left this money in the bank again for a year! I said, Mom, how come? We have already taken care of the apartment, and she, they say, I do not owe you! You're too young to handle that kind of money.

What a mess you have in the kitchen, Valerka will soon leave you, the mistress is so bad! All the arguments that she promised, even in front of everyone, says, so what? I changed my mind. I didn't promise to buy you an apartment. I raised you, raised you, taught you, do more and more.

I didn't sign up for it, so I decided not to rely on my mom anymore. A year later, they took a mortgage, good thing, both at normal jobs, gave birth to a small child, raised up to two years at home. The new grandmother promised to help with her grandson, but this is only so, come to build eyes, then drink a seagull and go home. We're used to it.

But then I had to urgently go to work, another girl on maternity leave. They began to look for a nanny, who would be able to stay with a little girl, to give to kindergarten still too early. I asked my mother on my head, and she, they say, here’s another – to pay someone money! I'll pay for it myself. I think, okay, let's try. Valera shrugged his shoulders.

The first night we got stuck in traffic and came home an hour late. You should have heard this scandal! And the child is not accustomed to anything, and their feet are hung on her, and I do not need your money! Mom, I told you you promised! Where I'll find a babysitter tomorrow, I have to go to work. Look, he says where you want, and I won't sit. Valera silently took Antoshka and we went home.

We didn’t talk all the way, it was so bad! When they arrived, Valera began calling all sorts of services in search of a nanny. I had to pay the price, but they found it. My mom called later, but I didn’t pick up the phone. By the way, she forgot about that million a long time ago, and I don't even want to remind you.

Reputational losses are sometimes the worst. In business, if you screw up once, neither the client nor the partner will come to you again. And here's my mother. You can say, it explains a lot, mom has privileges, she can behave like that. But we think he can't. There's even a saying. Called a loader - get in the back!

Write in the comments what they mean to you. promiseless and how you handle them. We have a nice bonus in the form of material on how to establish a relationship with your mother. This, of course, is for those who are not at peace with their mother. In the meantime, we wish you a good mood and thank you for staying with us!

Tags

See also

New and interesting