18 tips to help you live within your means

Enough to throw your hard earned money right and left, it is time to learn to live within our means!

Saved pennies - a penny earned.
~ Benjamin Franklin

Life should be comfortable, yes - but that does not mean that it is necessary to throw hard-earned money right and left. Do not waste them just to throw dust in the eyes of others. And do not think that wealth is measured in the amount of material objects. You have to manage your expenses wisely, that expenditures do not have started to control you. And always live within our means.

Change your idea of ​​what it means to be rich. - I remember sitting in the fenced off a low wall of the cavern on my first job, and looked at the photo of the jeep, which I really wanted to buy (by the way, I did it). Now I'm sitting in my office, on my desk are pictures of children, and outside in the parking lot of the company is my humble runabout. But it took only ten years old! Now, for me to be rich - to have enough money to suffice for all the needs of my family, some of our desires and still have a little bit for those who are not as fortunate as us.
Borrow things and share your. And everything to gain! - We have borrowed from another DVD with the movie and watched it for a delicious homemade dinner. It turned out much cheaper than buying or take a drive out, and even more so - than to go to the movies and spend money on a cafe.
Avoid shopping centers. - Shopping centers are not built to entertain someone. They earn money. Previously, we used to go there when we were bored. And, of course, left there a hefty sum. But if you need clothes where better to wait for sales or find a store that will sell you what you need at a discount. If you buy wisely, for all this, you can save a lot of money. It is no wonder that Dave Ramsey said, "Never buy retail"! We save per month from 15 to 30 dollars, just staying away from the shopping centers.
Pay less attention to advertising. - Advertising - sucks. And it's true - no matter how cool. It specifically aims to make you feel inferior, lacking something unfortunate.
Buy for cash. - You can not spend money that you do not have in your wallet. Nowadays, many banks allow overdrafts, so that even if you pay with a debit card, you can easily spend more than you have.
Finding a better offer, aside saved for a rainy day. - It does not matter on what exactly you have saved, put the difference between the original value and the consideration paid for a rainy day. And this applies to everything, anything - Internet service providers, mobile operators, banks, and so on.
Make a plan of long-term investments, and then stick to it. - I put money wisely and for long periods. The block of shares in my portfolio is distributed among several investment funds, exchange-traded and shares of individual companies. And each of these shareholdings was chosen by me with the utmost attention to the risk and return, and only after a thorough research of the market. So I believe that my money is invested wisely, and consider them my best chance to increase its capital in the long term.
Crush your consumerism in the bud! - You have seen how a child manages to occupy yourself for a few hours, a simple box and a toy that was in it, do not pay any attention? Do not wonder how he gets to have fun and be happy even without a heap of different things while we, adults, without another "gadget" or trendy pants and life is not sweet?
Be healthy! Health problems absorb the money, like a sponge. - James M. Ripp - MD, a world-renowned cardiologist, author of many best-selling books and founder of the lifestyle Rippa believes that if we look at the factors influencing the risk of premature death in the first place will be your physical form. Moreover, an elderly man working on his body and cardiovascular system can be much healthier young, from all entertainment only recognizes the beer and chips. Engage your body - this is your real chance to roll back your biological clock!
Stay home and relax. - When was the next time you are thinking to go home, think about - why are you doing this? You may be able to rest much better, and do stay at home. At the same time save some money on something you really want or what you need.
Always be ready for a "black day" - even when you are all fine, just fine, and you feel on top of the world, be prepared that your luck may variables. And if you select a bit of time and money to just in case, prepare for the worst, it will not catch you by surprise. If you are living beyond your means, then your life is hardly swing for the worse - and you can not get out. Remember, financial flexibility is more important to maintain its reputation.
Enough to compete. Forget about what you need to be "better than anyone out there." - If the wealth brings happiness, then why countries do not become happier in general with increasing their wealth? Studies have shown that increasing the standard of living in a country the overall level of happiness remains broadly at the same level. Why is that? Because we constantly compare their wealth with other people's wealth. And yet - we are prone to envy and desire to "outdo" each other. And if we add to this the fact that Western countries encourage people to constantly strive for more ... here's a recipe to dip crowds of people in depression.
Do not seek to make their lives easier at all costs. - I think that modern society is simply obsessed with making life easier - even when it's a relief harmful. Take, for example, diet pills, designed to "replace" a difficult but effective way of proper nutrition and exercise. Well, the money often try to replace hard work. But do you really think that throwing money right and left, you will achieve the desired faster than saving them and working hard?
Do not buy things "at the request of the left heel." Buy what you really need. - Did you know that happy excitement that you feel home holding up a box with a new TV? Stopping in the garage for a new car? Opening a box of new shoes? Of course, well known. But observing the behavior of their friends and myself, I came to the conclusion that a new and delightful thing soon becomes a ... thing. The appeal of novelty passes - and very quickly.
Time is money - so do not waste it in vain. - The less you have affairs, the less time you have to spend on their ordering. Concentrate on those cases that will bring you the highest return in the shortest time and at the same time you increase your productivity and reduce the load. Organizing your time is much simpler, and your stress - decrease. As for me, it is better that anything you can imagine. Everybody is trying to simplify, reduce, excluded. And do not lose sight of what really matters to you. Now, where would a.
Find out how you can someone please, without spending a penny. - Want to know how fast, easy and very cheap to pick someone up? Send him a letter. Yes, select a day and write letters to those who are dear to you, and send them. If you do not like to write, buy beautiful cards and sign them. But if you sleep actor - draw your own. The letter does not have to be long. It is important that you think about that person, and wrote a letter just for him.
Do not let greed and negativity you absorb. - Says Stephen R. Covey, even if the unworthy means to you and will be able to achieve the desired, it will turn to dust right in your hands. And - because of the consequences, which you will not notice or will not be able to anticipate. In "The 8th habit," he gives the following example: Parents who seek purity from the children in their rooms shouting and threats get desired - clean rooms. But they use this means certainly spoil their relationship with their children. Besides, it is worth it to go for a few days out of the house - and the room was a mess. Now back to the financial issues - I personally think that a fair share of the world's problems in this area caused by people who believe that the end justifies the means. What I advise? If you want to become rich, there is nothing wrong, but think carefully whether the cost of your chosen means.
Never buy retail. - You can save on clothes easily a few hundred dollars a year, if you wait for discounts or buy in stock shop. Oh, and forget about the brand clothing - it's not worth it!
Epilogue of the book Potrebiteltstvo
We are working in jobs that we hate to buy things that we do not need, to impress people that enrage us. We believe that properly - wear clothes bought with the money, go in the flow of transport by car, the money for which you are not paid until the end to get to the work that you need to be able to pay for clothes, cars and the house that you leave empty on a day to earn the right to live in it.

Tags

See also

New and interesting