Should a good husband help his wife around the house?

Household responsibilities are a stumbling block that many families break up about. When the couple begin to live together, it turns out that cleaning and cooking do not disappear. On the contrary, it's getting bigger. And for some reason, it has historically been so that it is a woman who is doomed to cope with the chaos of home routine.

However, the editorial board "Site" I'm going to challenge this fact a little bit and look at it from a different angle: try to figure out whether the husband should take on some of the household chores.

I recently talked to my grandmother on the phone. In the meantime, she asked if I had already cooked dinner, if I had fed my husband. I answered without a second thought that I did not cook and today I am not going, someone else would feed me after work. However, my grandmother was not satisfied with the answer, and we had a dialogue about the legendary and glorified in the poems “female fate”.

Of course, I did not argue with my grandmother. It's hard to change your mind at 80. But because of the injustice of judgments about the fate of women, I wanted to shout at the top of my voice that God did not create woman to stand at the stove. Here we come to the main topic that I would like to discuss: what is the place of men in this cycle of domestic duties?

We’re not trying to answer all the questions and get someone to do something. We think aloud. It seems to us that there is nothing stopping men from taking over some of the cleaning or even cooking. For a long time, it was believed that cooking is something sacred and accessible only to women. But practice shows that having a recipe, hands and a pan, you can cope with cooking with a hurrah. And it doesn't depend on gender.

If you think about it, cooking and keeping the house clean are skills like driving. No one is born with this knowledge, but anyone can learn it. It seems to us that men can take on some of the household chores.

Protecting the honor of men, it is worth saying that many help their wives. In our opinion, there is nothing shameful about this. Separation of household responsibilities is a sign of a healthy family relationship. However, not everyone agrees with this statement.

There is a category of people who firmly believe that a man should be exclusively a breadwinner, and should not touch household chores. Not only that, many will call such a man a henberry. Some wives do not even tell their friends that their husband helps them out of fear of judgment. Of course, there is a price for such friends.

If you're still in doubt about helping your spouse around the house, then we have a couple of arguments. If you're a woman, then just show the list to your husband.

So, first, help with cleaning and cooking will diversify your everyday life. It’s always good to do something you haven’t done before. Yes, it's not a parachute jump, but still.

Secondly, the two of us are much faster. If alone your beloved will be cleaning the floors and cooking dinner for half a day, then with your help everything will take a couple of hours. There will be time for more enjoyable activities.

And third, your spouse will be happy to get rid of some of the homework. Just because she’s a woman doesn’t mean she likes to perform routine tasks. She will thank you, the title of "Caring husband" is guaranteed to you. In principle, that should be enough. Repeat often and ignore what others say.

Tags

See also

New and interesting