An instructive story about a small father-in-law who counted every match in the house

When comes the realization that the mother of the ex-husband was right, and why eventually becomes ashamed of conflicts with the former mother-in-law? What lessons are important to learn from past mistakes in order to live happily in the present? Why not judge the words and actions of others until you are in their place?

It is on these questions that the editorial board "Site" Find an answer in the story of one of our readers.

Being married to my first chosen one, I could not find a common language with my mother-in-law. My dislike for her was difficult to explain even to myself. Only now did I realize that I was being unfair to her. After all, in fact, she was a beautiful woman, caring and loving.

Now, in analyzing my past relationships and interactions with people, I realized that I was just not trying to look at the situation from their side. Because of this, there was misunderstanding, quarrels and discord in the family, after which in the end and had to divorce.

In particular, I did not like when the former mother-in-law began to complain about her husband and reproach him with almost all the deadly sins.

It is not new that father-in-law and daughter-in-law find a common language faster than a daughter-in-law with a mother-in-law. That's what happened to us. From the first meeting, I was imbued with a deep sense of respect and sympathy for the father of my first husband, and therefore the reproaches of my mother-in-law in his direction caused me only negative emotions.

More than ten years have passed since the divorce with her first husband. All these years I remember only good things about him and his father. To me, these people remained painfully close and important. But it wasn’t until two years ago, faced with the same problem in a new relationship that my ex-mother-in-law and father-in-law had, that I finally understood why she was acting this way. This revelation made me unbearably ashamed.

The main reason for the dissatisfaction of the former mother-in-law with her husband was his grumpyness and indifference to her emotional state. My second husband turned out to be just as cold and always dissatisfied with everything grumpy. And realizing this, I realized that all the reproaches of my mother-in-law were actually a request for help and support, which I so shamelessly refused her.

I finally got divorced for the second time. I often think about what would have happened if I had been able to understand and support my first mother-in-law earlier. Now I would like to apologize to her and return the lost happiness with her son. Unfortunately, it is too late to change anything.

Tags

See also

New and interesting